Prologue

A long time ago, on an island between Britain and France, lived a king, a queen, and their six-year-old princess. The people in the kingdom loved them ... well ... most of them did. Some knew that the monarchy had powers unlike any of the villagers, and they hated the monarchy for it. Not only that, the king was cruel to the queen, and he only cared about money. This, of course, was typical for his kind. He was a Dark Miraculous. The queen was a bit of a rebel for marrying a Dark Mirac, for the monarchy consisted of Light Miracs since the beginning of the kingdom. When they found out that the princess was a Dark Mirac, the king didn't really care. The queen knew that raising her would be difficult, but the princess still meant the world to her.

On the princess' sixth birthday, the king took the queen, the princess, and the monarchy's loyal advisors on a royal cruise. The advisors picked the date so there were no storms. All was well until a storm came. Everyone was shocked. The water was wild. Everything was out of control. The advisors started rowing to a safe, but abandoned, island. They were so close, too close, when the king and the queen fell overboard. The advisors and the princess kept going to the island. By the time they got there, the storm had stopped. The princess, silenced by sorrow, got off first, because the advisors were polite men. That's when the advisors started rowing away. The princess started crying, "Come back, come back!"

Little did she know that this happened on purpose. Little did she know that a non-Mirac family would rule the kingdom. Little did she know that no one would look at nor mention that island for 9 years.