travel

nine

ˇ

"ARE YOU SURE you have everything?" Eunbi asked for the third time in the last hour. I sat down on the couch watching as she rushed around the living room.

"Yes, I double-checked everything," I responded, crossing my arms over my chest. I leaned my head back, shutting my eyes. The guys made me wake up earlier than I normally do on a weekend. It wasn't often that I woke up before 9:00 on a Saturday, but if I did, my tiredness affected everything I did. 

I felt the couch sink next to me, causing me to open my eyes towards my sister, who sat beside me, "I know you're probably annoyed with me for asking so many questions but I'm just worried about you. You're growing up without me and being independent. I'll be heading back to college in a couple of days and junior year is almost ending. I don't really get to see you that often."

I smiled at her, "I know. When you said you were coming home for a week, I was thrilled. I missed you a lot but trust me, high school is still rough without you around."

A small chuckle escaping her lips at my words. She was about to speak when a car horn from outside cut her off. She looked at me tapping my shoulder before standing up, "That's probably them. Have fun, okay? Remember to call me."

I nodded, standing up as I stretched my arms, "I will, don't worry."

I grabbed my travel bag from the floor. I walked to the front door, slipping on my shoes before turning back to my sister. I gave her a smile, which she returned generously. I opened the front door, another honk from a car horn blaring throughout the street. 

A black van parked in front of my house, with multiple people sitting inside. The passenger window rolled down, revealing a sleeping Yoongi. He wore a black bucket hat with a gray neck pillow wrapped firmly around his neck. His cheek was squished against the pillow, his lips pursed. Jin peered over Yoongi's sleeping figure, giving me a small wave. I smiled at the sight, walking over and entering the backseat.

Once I opened the door, I was immediately greeted by familiar faces. It was a six-passenger van, with two front seats, three in the middle and one large seat in the back. At the very back laid numerous bags. Namjoon stepped out of the car, allowing me to take the middle seat. I smiled at him before gripping the sides of my bag, tossing it over the seat as it landed right on top of the others. I slid into the backseat, accidentally slamming against someone.

I turned my head towards the large figure, Jungkook's smug grin in full view. Namjoon shut the door, causing the car to start up. Jin gripped the steering wheel, looking at us through the rearview mirror, "Ready?"

We nodded before the car turned on, pulling away from my house. I leaned my head back against the seat, staring out of the window beside Jungkook. My eyes flickered to the boy, who was too busy typing away on his phone.