Ch 6

Stella's POV

I can barely see clearly. Darkness is surrounding me. I'm running..and running.. I seem to be in the middle of the woods.. Where am I heading to? What's this place? This night is so cold I'm shivering and my teeth are chattering.. I reach a familiar large gate. I slow my pace down and walk through the gate. Gravestones in different shapes all around me. I stand in front a particular one. Inscribed on it was "a loving wife and mother" a tear fell from my eye when I read the name and date under that. It was my mother's grave. A sob escaped my throat as I fell to the ground on my knees crying. I stayed there talking and yelling "Why did you leave me! I need YOU! I miss you mom! You left me with my alcoholic dad! He abuses Me! He blames ME for what happened! Come back.. Pl-please.. Come b-back..! PLEASE! I want you here with me mommy! I miss you..please don't leave me.. No don't leave me.. N-no don't leave me..NO!!!"

*

DEREK'S POV

It's been two hours and I'm still tossing and turning on the couch trying to get some sleep. My mind kept going back to think about that girl every time I tried not to. I suddenly hear fast heartbeats indicating fear. I sat up, focused and listened. I can hear Stella breathing heavily. I hope she's okay. I suddenly hear her yelling "NO!!" I ran as fast as I could barging in the room. She was clutching to the pillow so hard and her shoulders were shaking. She was crying. I rushed to her side and held her shoulders and brought her up to my chest. She buried her face in my chest and just cried.

I held her tightly and tried to calm her down. "Shh hey it's okay you're okay. I'm right here. It was just a bad dream it's okay. It's over now."

It must've been a very terrible nightmare to let her cry like that and frighten her that much. My heart ached seeing her cry like that. I wish there was something I could do. I usually don't know what to do in these situations but with her it just happened naturally, holding her and comforting her. That girl brought a whole new side of me.

*

Stella's POV

Derek held me. Comforted me. Calmed me down. Resting my head on his chest just felt so right. It was embarrassing that he saw me cry like a baby. What a dream.. God I truly miss her.. We stayed like that till I calmed down. He never let me go he held me till I stopped crying.

"I'm s-sorry *sniff*" I told him. My voice croaking.

"Hey it's okay. Don't be. How are you feeling?" He squeezed me tighter then let go of me to look at my face. But still kept a hand on my shoulder. And brushing my hair off my forehead with the other hand. He then let his hand slide down to brush a tear from my cheek. His touch made my heart skip a beat.. He instantly smiled softly for a like 2 seconds then that beautiful smile disappeared.

"I umm I'm o-okay.. Thank you Derek" I mumbled without eye-contact.

"Anytime Stella" he said in his captivating deep voice.

He placed his hand under my chin and lifted my head to look at him. Our eyes locked.. And my heartbeat went faster. His lips formed that beautiful soft smile again.. I accidentally stare at his lips for too long and the second I realised that I looked away immediately.. We're sitting so close to each other.. He's making me so nervous..

*

DEREK'S POV

Her heart raced whenever I touched her or when I locked eyes with her. What does it mean? it's probably because she's still scared of that dream..it has nothing to do with you Derek.. Why would she like you anyway.. You're too old for her.. Just forget about it.

"Umm what time is it?" She asked.

"Its one am. You didn't sleep much, you should probably get back to sleep and rest" I told her while getting up. She nodded and lied down. I tucked her in.

"Goodnight Stella" I whispered and walked towards the door to leave.

I stopped when I heard her mesmerising voice calling my name "Derek.."

"Yea" I turned to look at her. She looked at me with a look that sent butterflies to my stomach. I've never felt like this before..

"Stay with me please..?" Her voice croaking.

"Sure" I tried not to sound too happy that she asked me to stay with her. I feel like I never wanna leave her side. I closed the door and walked to the bed. I got in and lied behind her and wrapped my arm around him.

"thanks" she whispered.

I lied there quietly enjoying the moment. She was so little under my arm. I know where this is going, I'll get too attached to her.. I just hope she doesn't leave me forever. She has fallen asleep.

I closed my eyes, too, drifting to sleep.