S E V E N

SUNFLOWER

SUNFLOWER

"a sunflower is used to express pure thoughts. they symbolize other things too, such as adoration, loyalty, and longevity, and of course the sun itself."

❀ ❀ ❀

Anyone could notice the change in the brunet. From the way he used to simply walk around the store, he now danced. From the way he used to smile, he now grins. From the way, he used to listen to music, to the way he now sings instead. His heart was swarming with love; a wondrous feeling that he hoped would never abandon him.

  Neville was gone for the day, leaving Harry at the shop by himself. The boy didn't mind, it gave him a chance to play the record player a bit higher, and dance more carelessly around the mostly empty shop.

But of course, the shop was only mostly empty, and the brunet boy did have one fan in particular that loved to watch him.

"Training for the ballet, Potter?" Draco called from where he stood in the doorway. He had his arms crossed, and an easy smile rested on his face.

"I am actually!" Harry yelled back, twisting and turning around the flowers, dancing to whatever song happened to be playing. "Why don't you join me?"

"Me?" Draco raised an eyebrow, pointing at himself.

"Yes, you!" Harry danced his way over to the door where Draco stood and took both of the blonde's hands in his. "Come on! Dance with me!"

"I don't even know this song, Harry!" Draco laughed, enjoying the feeling of their intertwined hands.

Harry shook his head, grinning from ear to ear, "It's okay, neither do I!"

With a final tug of their joined hands, and a few more minutes of bickering, the suddenly confident brunet finally persuaded the blond to join him, and he led him to the middle of the room.

   "Let's see," Harry let go of Draco's hand and instead led the blond's hand to the side of his hip. Then carefully, he placed his other hand on top of Draco's shoulder. "Your hand goes here, and mine goes here."

"You okay?" Draco asked, observing the others staring eyes. "You're not speaking."

     "Because we're not supposed to be speaking!" Harry squeezed Draco's hand. "We're supposed to be dancing!"

  And with that, the boys danced. They danced with each other, twirling and spinning until their stomachs hurt from laughing too much. They danced with the rainbow of flowers surrounding them, and with the bright sun casting their figures on the floor. They danced as if they would never want a different partner.

  They weren't beautiful dancers- actually they were dreadful! With the way that Harry would step on the Draco's toes, or in return the blond would accidentally twirl the other a bit too much until it ended with one sprawled on top of the other on the floor. But the boys loved it, and they savored every minute of the other's presence.

  So at the end of the day, when the world had begun to turn from its wondrous blue to the peaceful orange that painted the sky, Draco couldn't think of any better flower to present his Harry with.

Draco took a deep breath; preparing himself for what he was about to do. He observed his lover from where he was rearranging a bouquet that was set up in the window. He was ethereal, and there was no other way to deny it. He was precious, and he was holy; he was the very definition of what Draco thought an angel should be.

"Thank you!" Draco laughed, hesitantly walking over to the brunet. "For putting up with my awful dancing."

"You're lucky because there is absolutely no one else in this world I would let step on my toes!" Harry joked, meeting Draco in the middle and smiling at the other.

"I'm glad," Draco stared into the other's eyes, contemplating what to do next. He was about to open his mouth to speak, right as Harry spoke.

"What's this?" He pointed to the yellow flower clutched in Draco's hand.

Draco smiled, eyes finally going to the flower instead of staring into his lovers, "It's your flower for today."

"It's beautiful," Harry took the flower with his right hand. "Why a sunflower?"

     "Because a sunflower can mean adoration. And because all throughout today, I'm pretty sure the only thought that was going through my head is how much I adore you. And I do, I adore you so much, my flower," Draco explained, feeling the heat rush to his cheeks.

     "Draco, don't flirt unless you really mean it," Harry said, not meeting the others gaze.

     "I don't plan to stop then," Draco said immediately. "Do you want to go out with me tomorrow? Like an actual real date?"

  Harry smiled, feeling butterflies swarm in his stomach, "I would love nothing more."

❀ ❀ ❀