12

Zuri

He rubbed my back as we laid in my bed in silence. Jarell didn't ask any questions then he came. He got his homie to drop him off to me, then drove me  home.

I was too weak to move when we pulled up so he cradled me into his chest while he carried me inside. I felt like a big ass baby but I needed this at this moment. He carried me all the way to my bed, slid off my heels and started massaging my feet.

It seemed like hours of me explaining what had happened , how I had felt , what caused me to loose my cool like that. He listened & nodded his head occasionally
waiting for me to finish.

Here we are now , him rubbing circles in the small of my back. He then sat me up , turned me towards him so he could look me in my eyes. " You know how it is fa me to sit hea' seein you like this ma'?" I looked down all of a sudden feeling ashamed. I feel weak right now. Was I overreacting?Its like he could tell what I was thinking cause he placed his finger under my chin forcing me to look at him. " What I done tol' you bout dat shit ma , Neva feel like youn got shit to be piss'd bout when it comes to that nigga' . You did errthang you suppos'd ta do. Dat nigga missin out on some specia' In due time you'll see dat.  na pick ya head up ma and keep that shit pushin. ' I took in everything he said. & nodded off to sleep..

A little while later I was woken up to my phone ringing. Scrunching up my face I instantly got heated when my mom name flashed across the screen. Cause i told her to leave me the fuck alone.

I wanted so badly not to pick up but my dumbass did it anyway.

" Yeah whatchu want?' i rolled my eyes as if she can see me."Damn thats how you greet your brother?'I mentally cursed myself , but i was excited. I jumped up forgetting that I was even pissed " Antwon! hey brother. Me missed you." He chuckled into the phone " Ion see how you miss me answering the phone like that" I sighed. Fondling my fingers , looking into my lap. ' Twon im going through some shit right now ' Finding myself about to cry I shake the tears away. ' Lets meet up at Red Robins ' He said . We agreed what time and got off the phone.

I looked over seeing Jarell sitting up lookin at me smiling." what Jar ?' laughing nervously , tucking an loose strand behind my ear. " I cant smile at' you na?' He stood up heading to the dresser to put his rolex back on " I-i- m-mean you can b-but you j-just rarely do.' I studdered cause its true his ass hardly smiled for real. He may laugh but smiling? Na " Im smilin' cause for a moment ' ya was happy , Twon in town righh'?' I nodded my head. " ight coo , go get dress'd ill check on ya in a lil while ight' He walked back over and placed a small kiss on my forhead.

*************

'  and Ill have a water , thanks ' i told the waitress. She took our menus thanked us . Then went about her buisness. I looked back at antwon dreading to tell him what I been going through. He was very protective of me , but he was momma's "favorite".

After telling him what had went down. He was pissed like I knew he was going to be. But when I got to the part about mama he became dissappointed in me. I hung my head in shame. I never wanted to dissapoint him.

" Zuri , You know how mama is. You didnt have to call her out her name -' He explained but I wasnt hearing that shit.

' - You dont know antwon! You dont know how much she belittle every single thing I try to do!'

We continued conversation for a while. Our drinks came, then our food. We just agree to disagree. This is exactly why I cant talk to him about her. I feel like he always take her side. Like its me against them., I love the hell outta him true enough. But im not about to apologize like im in the wrong! Things where going good until , a waiter walked by saying " right this way sir." I looked up seeing Aden. I rolled my eyes instantly becoming more annoyed. " Psst Twon , dont look but there go aden with - " wait a minute its that bitch as waitress fom waffle house! so thats why she was salty. She was fucking my nigga. She had to be . It made sense. He didnt want me cause he had someone else. I felt myself slowly feeling .. sad. He couldve just told me.

" Yoput think you can fuck with my little sister heart you ungrateful piece of shit you!" wait . I knew that voice. shaking my head. I quickly jumped up to go try to dispute the situation. I was in my mind so much that I aint see Antwon get up and walk over to aden. 

Aden groaned in pain while antwon punched his ass in the face over and over. I tried to pull him back but he was just to strong ..

Out of no where aden's skank started throwing shit at my brother. " oh hell no!' I yelled while I ran around to her. She didnt see me coming as I grabbed her by her micro plaits and tugged her ass back causing her body to shift towards me. I tugged again dragging her away from them to some open space.

I let her hair go and started kicking that bitch in her face. She was screaming begging me to stop but shit it was to late now. I dont know how long the commotion lasted  until the cops came and arrest all of us..