Chapter 10

Dallen

I had the strangest dream that night. I'd been exhausted after that whole debacle during P.E. with Adelaide, so I had welcomed sleep. The dream itself started out pretty normal. I was in a club, wearing a suit, sitting on a leather couch and drinking a peculiar looking drink, although it gave me a pleasant buzz, so I didn't mind. Surrounding me were my friends, Finley, Rowan and Sage. Sage had on a skimpy cocktail dress, which made me laugh. It so fit her personality. Finley and Rowan were in suits, with bow ties and had two girls hanging off each arm. I laughed again. That fit their personalities as well.

I tipped my head back, swallowing the last few drops of my drink. I was about to get up and get more when a girl appeared in front of me. She was wearing a short, black dress; the same color as her eyes. She had blonde hair-which surprisingly looked natural-that spilled down her shoulders. On her feet were six inch stilettos, but she was still shorter than me by an inch. Her eyes met mine and she twirled a piece of her hair seductively, biting her bright red lips. I raised an eyebrow but didn't object as she pushed my back against the couch, crawling over and straddling her legs around my lap.

She trailed a talon-like nail across my cheek, planting a teasing kiss centimeters from the corner of my mouth. Her lips brushed my ear as she murmured her name. "Cecily. Call me Cecily." She bit my ear and trailed her hands down my chest. Okay then. Didn't exactly ask for her name. I raised my hands, intending to put them on her waist when her hand darted out to stop me. "No touching the entertainment." She left her words hanging with a laugh, grabbing my tie and pulling me towards her.

Just as her lips brushed against mine, she changed entirely. Suddenly the lips kissing me were soft, warm. Nothing at all like Cecily's rough and cold, red-painted. The hands on my chest were smaller, dainty and didn't have the claws of an eagle. She seemed a lot smaller, and familiar. I pulled back and found myself staring into bright blue eyes. The brightest eyes I'd ever seen. I let out a strangled groan of disgust and pushed Adelaide off me. She stumbled onto the club's carpeted floor but picked herself up quickly, the calm look on her face never fading.

She was standing there in the opposite of club attire, in jeans and a gray t-shirt. Scuffed up sneakers adorned her feet and her dark hair was messy, falling down her shoulders in a heap. I blinked a few times and her expression changed, her hands coming to rest on her hips. She pursed her lips in annoyance, her blue eyes flashing. "Hey asshat, that wasn't nice."

I pressed back up against the couch, giving her an incredulous look. "Who cares? You shouldn't even be here." I glared at her. "You don't belong here."

Adelaide rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "I can be wherever I want, thank you very much." She scoffed, her tone scornful. "Besides, I'm not going to let you have all the fun, jackass."

"You're not even dressed properly for this!" I protested, pulling myself to my feet and fixing a fierce glare on her. I relished slightly at the fact that I was taller than her, by almost a complete foot. I was 6'3". She was 5'4", or 5'5". "You're in a t-shirt and jeans!"

She reeled her head back in a sarcastic gesture, her eyes taking on a haughty glint. "Oh and what do you think I should be wearing, all wise and powerful one?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe a dress." I drawled out slowly, in that way I knew she hated. "Oh wait, you'd probably look terrible in it."

Adelaide raised her eyebrows and spoke slowly, as if I were a child. "Now why would I wear a dress to a park?" She laughed, shaking her head. "And to play ultimate frisbee? Come on, Dallen. I assumed you had some common sense. I guess I was wrong."

I looked at her crossly. "I have common sense." I muttered, glancing around to find that we were indeed in a park now, the club scene having long vanished. I saw Finley, Rowan, and Sage running around yelling at Adelaide's brother to throw them the frisbee. He tossed it but Adelaide's sister jumped up and caught it, laughing at her brother and sticking her tongue out.