22 ~ Thank You

When namjoon saw y/n crying he felt like his world was crashing down around him. Seeing her cry while sitting on the small bench was something he wished to never see. Something he never wanted to happen, this wasn't what he wanted. 

Seeing y/n break down and the words she spoke finally made namjoon realize...he was wrong. No matter how much he tried to convince himself that he did nothing wrong, namjoon knew he had made a mistake. 

Namjoon was selfish and in the end it caused so much pain and heartbreak  for the person he cared about. He was willing to sacrifice y/n's feelings for his own selfish wish, but he hoped that maybe he could at least set something right. 

"go to him" namjoon spoke even though he knew this would be the last day, y/n and jin would no longer be able to see each other again. 

It was his fault, he should make sure they at least get to say goodbye. 

"you will regret it if you don't say goodbye" he spoke and y/n looked at namjoon in confusion but she soon smiled while getting up. 

"thank you" namjoon smiled gently as y/n rushed off  and namjoons heart ached "I'm sorry and goodbye...little moon"

Namjoon then got up and he quickly ran as well knowing he had to warn the prince. Namjoon wanted to set things straight, he wanted to fix his mistakes. He needed to warn the prince that this was his last goodbye.

~

Jin looked at the fancy outfit he had on and sighed, he was getting fitted for the wedding that would happen in a couple of days. He quickly dismissed the maid after he was done getting fitted and then he rushed to his small pond knowing the day had come. The full moon. He waited patiently for y/n but as time passed his stomach dropped. 

Jins heart constricted thinking about the possibility of y/n not showing up. He clenched the small handkerchief in his hands tightly, the gift for y/n. But as time passed and it was well into the night jins heart shattered. The little hope he had that y/n would come was dwindling down. 

He felt something wet hit his hand, he was crying. 

Maybe it wasn't meant to be with y/n, she must have seen him and seoyoung yesterday and got the wrong idea... maybe she wasn't coming.

"jin, please don't cry" jin laughed bitterly and through his blurry vision he swore he could see someone staring at him through the reflection of his pond. 

He must have been imagining things. 

"jin" the voice was filled with concern, jin wiped his tears away and froze seeing the person in front of him. 

His heart clenched when he could clearly see her and he breathed out "y/n"

~

You ran through the forest tripping a couple of times but you managed to keep your balance. You ran and ran until you finally made it to the lake but the sight in front of you broke your heart. There you could see jin from the lakes reflection and he was crying. 

You heart constricted seeing the prince cry and you sat down by the edge of the lake. Then you softly spoke while your own eyes were getting teary seeing jins state. 

"jin, please don't cry" you voice was soft but jin simply continued crying and your heart broke again. 

"jin" you said softly and he wiped away his tears as his eyes widened when he looked at you. 

"y/n" you looked at jin but he seemed to be panicked while he spoke very quickly. 

"y/n that girl before-" but you simply smiled and cut him off. 

"jin, I love you. I'm sorry I'm saying this now and I now it's very selfish of me to tell you these feelings after knowing you are with someone...someone that you will be marrying. I also know that we can't ever be together, but I want to be selfish just this once and tell you. I love you and I wish you nothing but happiness in your future"

"I love you too y/n" your eyes widened at jins words. But he continued "that girl is someone my father is forcing me to marry and she forced herself on me yesterday. I'm in love with you y/n.. and we can be together" you looked at jin and you were currently overwhelmed. 

You were trying to processes what you were hearing. Jin loved you back and he...he had a way for you two to be together. 

"the full moon, namjoon said we can finally meet. We can  finally be together" your eyes widened at the familiar name, it had to be a coincidence. "prince seokjin" your eyes widened while you looked behind jin to see... namjoon, your namjoon. 

You looked behind you trying to see if namjon was standing there but he was no where to be seen. Namjoon was somehow right behind the prince, he was somehow in the past. 

"your majesty, I must tell you something" namjon spoke while you mind was racing. How was he there. "I lied to you. the full moon is not when you can be together... It is the last time you can see y/n"

Your heart shattered once again. It was so cruel, it was so cruel to give you hope and to take it away from you like this. "I'm sorry, I never meant for this to happen" namjoon lowered his head while you wondered how any of this was possible but another part of you simply knew that nothing would make sense to you anyways. 

After all you were currently saying your last goodbye to a prince you fell in love with who is also from the past that you talk to through a lakes reflection. Nothing made sense, but one thought lingered in your mind. 

Your last goodbye. 

"namjoon, can I speak to jin" you asked softly and namjoon looked at you and nodded his head before his figure slowly faded away from the lakes reflection as he walked away. 

Then you heard sobbing and your heart shattered while you looked at jin crying once again. You sat quietly and your own tears fell from your eyes. But you still spoke"jin, look at me please"

You watched as jins eyes met yours and you smiled brightly through your tears. 

"jin I don't want out last goodbye to be filled with sadness, so I want to tell you something"

"thank you. Thank you for being there for me, thank you for listening to my random stories for nights on end. Coming to this lake was something magical and unbelievable, the day I first saw you I thought I was going insane but I'm glad I wasn't because the time I've spent with you is something I will cherish for a long time" jins teary eyes broke your heart as he gently reached his hand out onto the refection. You slowly reached your hand out as well only to be met by the glass like lake, just like the first time you two met. 

"When I first saw you I was surprised. Namjoon had told me I would find my true soulmate through the pond and when you finally showed up I was overwhelmed, even if namjoon may have lied about the full moon I believe the soulmate part was real. There is no other way to describe how I feel about you. The time we spent together is something I will never forget as well" you found yourself not being able to stay mad at namjoon for some reason and you laughed lightly thinking about how namjoon had somehow brought you to jin. 

The emotions you felt right now, how you felt about meeting jin, was something you couldn't quite describe. Well until you looked at jin crying through the lakes reflection and you suddenly knew exactly how to describe how you felt right now. 

"meeting you was like a gift and a curse" you spoke softly. Jin looked at you and your hands which were connected on top of the glass like reflection. 

"I wish I could hold you just this once, I wish I could wipe away your tears"

You smiled at jin with tears in your eyes until your eyes widened while you screamed "JIN"