23 ~ Fault

Seoyoung walked down the castle halls and she passed by the garden, normally she would pass by without a second glance. However, she saw a figure rush into the garden, she knew the person since she had seen him a couple of times around the prince. His name was namjoon.

She glared slightly finding it suspicious that he seemed to be in such a rush. So she quickly followed namjoon into the garden. 

As she arrived at the pond inside the large castle garden she watched from afar as jin seemed to be sitting and talking to someone, however, it was dark so she could barely make out the silhouettes. Seoyoungs eyes furrowed in confusion. She walked closer to the pond making sure to hide behind the trees that grew in the garden so no one would not spot her. 

She got closer and she managed to hear their conversation, but she could only hear little bits of the conversation as she strained her ears trying to hear the voices clearly. The bits she heard was simply full moon, leave, together, y/n

Seoyoungs eyes narrowed putting the pieces together. Jin was trying to run away with y/n. She clenched her fists angrily and she peaked out from behind the tree to see that namjoon was walking away from the prince. However, in jins hand she could clearly see the handkerchief. The one she had seen before, the one he made for this girl...y/n. 

She truly saw red when she knew y/n was trying to take jin away, she was trying to take away her position as queen. 

Seoyoung was furious.

She was to be queen, no one would take that away from her. 

So in a blind rage she quickly went back to her room and searched for her belongings, then her hand reached into her bag as she saw the glint of metal. Her family dagger. She pulled out the gold hilt and looked at the crest on it, jin would be hers, she just had to get rid of the girl he was clinging to. 

Seoyoung went back to the garden watching from afar, now that namjoon was gone this would be so much easier. She smirked knowing less witnesses would be better. Then she stalked closer but froze as she heard jin speak

I love you y/n

She knew then, clearly he was in love with this girl. He would never let seoyoung be queen, he would never marry her. 

He anger rose while she clenched the dagger in her hands. She hadn't even noticed that jin was alone and there seemed to be no y/n in sight. No, she didn't notice because her rage had blinded her, all she could see was red. 

she was going to be the new queen

Seoyoung approached jin slowly clenching the daggers hilt, if she couldn't marry jin then she could get rid of him, she could win his father favor and simply be queen. She didn't need jin by her side to be queen. 

She didn't need him

Then she stalked closer and when she was directly behind him she raised the blade as she heard a voice scream"JIN". Seoyoungs eyes widened when she swore she saw a reflection of a girl in the lake but as jin turned to face her she stabbed him in the stomach. 

His eyes were wide as he stared at her in disbelief but seoyoung pulled the blade out before running. 

She did it

~

Jin felt like he couldn't breath as he held his wound tightly but his vision was getting blurry. His hands were covered in blood and jin felt his eyes getting heavy but he could hear cries.