Chapter Two: Homer J. Marley

From the afternoon to early nightfall, Peter finishes up the day. He puts on his coat and hat. Yagi follows suit, but he then goes up to Peter to ask him the big question.

"You want the whole day off tomorrow".

"I-I-it's Christmas Sir. I promised my family I celebrate the holidays with them".

"You know there are foreclosures to be sent out". He shows off the papers to him and looks at it again. "Ooo! I think there is one for... Mr. Uno? Is he Spanish?".

"But young Midoriya was looking forward to celebrating with me. I-I don't ask much from you Mr. Scrooge, but, I want to give my son the best Christmas I can possibly give him".

Peter sighs.

"You know, I can't stand this sob-story crap. If you have to, then fine. Take the damn half-day off. But I expect to see you at 12:30 in the afternoon. And you will show your ass up here on New Years. Both eve and day".

"Oh thank you Mr. Scrooge!" Yagi said happily.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I'm going home. You clean up and close down the place. And if I see anything missing, you're fired! Got it?".

"Yes sir! Good Evening sir. And have a Merry Christmas!"

"How many times do I have to say it. CHRISTMAS IS A HUMBUG!!!". Peter G Scrooge Starts to walks down the street making his way to him home. The scene of London on his way home is dismal. Poverty everywhere, children running about in rags, beggars, tramps, everywhere. There was even a girl, blonde hair tied back in a ponytail with a red, patchy bow, begging on the streets, singing for money, holding a rusty tin cup that only had six threepences.

HARK! the Herald Angels sing
Glory to the new-born King!
Peace on Earth, and Mercy mild,
God and Sinners reconcil'd.

Joyful all ye Nations rise,
Join the Triumphs of the Skies;
Nature rise and worship him,
Who is born at Bethlehem.

Peter, like with the flower girl and match girl, passes the singing beggar girl, holding her tin cup for money. And just like before, Peter pushes her away. Three of the threepences flew out of her cup as she fell to the ground, and Peter catches them. Putting the threepences in his pocket he whispered to himself, "like taking houses from poor people", and he laughs leaving the beggar girl cold and hungry, three threepences shorter. Peter continues to walk to his home, and by nightfall, he does. The mansion on the Main Street used to be owned by his associate, Homer J Marley. The many rooms are cold and bleak as his personality, as well as dark, for no one else comes in to this manor. It used to be one of the orphanages in town, but Homer and Peter foreclosed it and then took it for themselves. Peter comes home reaching for his keys. He gets them and then...

He has a vision, he swears that he saw the face of his dead associate on the doorknob, moaning. He rubs his eyes, and in another minute, it was gone. It had startled him so, He must be going insane, but he rubbed it off as being tired. He should really sell that doorknob. He goes to his chair by the fire place and eats his dinner of cheap, cold, gruel. The room only lit by few candle made it dark, for he didn't want to spend any money on candles. Moaning can be heard from the rest of the house, but Peter passed it off, thinking of how old the place really is. He begins to prepare for bed. Satisfied, in his night cap and gown, he begins to settle in bed. He was looking forward to what tomorrow will bring for his wealth. He starts to tuck in to his bed, until all of a sudden, he hears chains rattling, the sound of moaning intensifying. Steps from the stairs are heard creaking. Peter began to freak out.