Chapter 15- Welcome Home

Alaska's P.O.V

"WELCOME HOME!" The shouts of my best friends echoed throughout my apartment. I looked around in awe at all of the banners and balloons they had all strung around, and felt a beaming smile creep on my face. I glanced at Brad who was placing my bag down but he just grinned at me as if he had known they were planning on surprising me like this.

"Aw you guys! I've only been gone a day!" I laughed as I hugged them all, but I felt tears come to my eyes.

"Are you crying?! You absoloute wetbag!" James laughed as he hugged me, but I protested.

"No! There's something in my eye"

"Of course there is" Connor winked, making me laugh more.

"Look at us all! Alaska's been gone a day and we're acting as if she's been gone a year! I mean jeeze we didn't even do this when she moved back from America!" Cara exclaimed, making us all laugh because it was true.

"Where's Vanessa?" I asked as I noticed her absence and realised that Rachel was in her place.

"Um.." they all shifted awkwardly and nobody spoke.

"One of you spit it out!" I laughed, and everyone seemed to look at Tristan, so I stared at him and urged him to speak.

"Okay well... wait do you remember what happened when we all got kicked out?" Tris asked.

"I remember having some pathetic argument with Brad and walking away, and then I obviously had that attack and yeah, thats it"

"Okay well after you walked off, some people began telling Brad he was stupid about the whole Lauren thing, because obviously everyone was drunk, but Vanessa... disagreed"

"What do you mean she disagreed?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well basically she said that you were a bitch or something, and when we all got annoyed at her she called us bumlicks and walked off. I can't remember her exact words but she was rude to all of us" he shrugged.

"What?! No offence like I understand that she was sticking up for Brad which is fine by me, but she's meant to be one of my best friends?" I said with confusion.

"Yeah well, she was rude to all of us and now is ignoring us" Tris answered.

"Have you called her?"

"Of course I have, she's my girlfriend, but she hasn't called back or texted any of us".

"Oh" was all I could say, because I was kind of confused. I made a mental note to self to try and call her later, but judging by what everyone was saying she probably wouldn't talk to me. I knew she would have to reply at somepoint because she lived with us, so I guess we would just have to wait and see how long it took her.

Being the good samaritan that I am, I offered to make everyone a round of tea. Of course Brad protested by claiming that 'I should be resting', but I just laughed and told him that it was only tea, which after a bit of thought he seemed fine about, although he did insist on helping me.

"You're so cute" I giggled as I poured water into eight mugs.

"Why?" he smiled as he looked at me.

"You practically stayed with me the whole of today and now you're being all cute and worrying about the small things"

"Of course I stayed with you, I wasn't going to leave you alone was I?!"

"Yeah, but you haven't slept!"

"And neither have you, so even though it's only 8pm, we are going to cuddle in bed after this cup of tea okay?"

"Sounds good to me" I agreed, before continuing. "Also, please don't worry about me 24/7 because I'm honestly fine, and I don't want you acting as if I could drop dead any second because panic attacks aren't that serious okay?"