Chapter 31 - Ice Skating

"Are you ready to go Al?" Brads voice called up from the bottom of the stairs.

"Uh yeah one sec" I called back, biting my lip at the text on my phone.

After a moments hesitation I quickly replied before placing my phone in my back pocket. I couldn't just ignore them.

"Took your time" Brad chuckled as I reached the bottom of the stairs and quickly tied up my black boots.

"Not that long!" I protested.

"Guys were going now" Brad called to his family, receiving "have fun" and "see you later" in return.

We had decided to go ice skating at the local ice rink because it was a thing that neither of us had done for what felt like ages, but also it was a Christmassy thing to do.

"Just to warn you, I might blow you away with how good I am at this" Brad stated as he buckled up his skates.

"Oh I'm sure you're the best in the country" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey I saw that look!"

"What look?" I asked innocently.

"That look of sarcasm!"

"Sarcasm?! No?!" I gasped back jokingly, but Brad just lightly pushed me in return.

We made our way over to the ice and slowly stepped onto it. It felt so weird being on ice, but after a moment or so I got used to the feeling. I held the side as I turned around to see Brad, and toy amusement he was struggling to balance.

"Is Mr 'I'm so good at ice skating' having a bit of trouble?" I joked.

"It's harder than I remember!" He protested.

"Come hold my hand you idiot, we can go round together"

"Okay okay, but if I make us fall you can't blame me" He laughed as he pulled himself using the side to be next to me.

"Let's go" I grinned as I took his hand and began skating. To my surprise, he was able to skate along beside me, and did not began protesting as I had assumed he would do.

"You're actually not bad!" I stated, perhaps a little too soon, because just as the words escaped my mouth he slipped.

His hands reached for my arm as I tried to stable him, but as soon as he was stable I began to slip too. Brad wasn't quick enough to grab me, so in the end I was the one who ended up on the floor, my bum getting damp from the ice.

"That was SO funny I wish I filmed it" Brad said in hysterics as he looked down at me. I shook my head and pushed his legs out from underneath him to shut him up, meaning that he joined me on the floor. This time it was my turn to laugh.

"That was so mean!" He laughed.

"Not so cocky now are we Brad?" I smirked, but he had no time.

"Do you two need any help standing up?" A worker asked as he offered us both a hand.

"Oh er, thanks" I smiled awkwardly as I took his hand to balance myself before standing up.

Brad refused the help and stood up himself, probably because he didn't want the mans help, but eventually we were skating again.

"My bums cold now" Brad moaned.

"We can go off in a minute if you want?" I asked.

"Yes please, I'll buy us both a hot chocolate if you want?"

"Yes please" I laughed since I had the same reply as he did before.

I was sort of glad that Brad wanted to go because it did get a bit boring after a while. Also, I was craving a hot chocolate and the fact that he was paying was even better.

"Ouch I think I burnt my mouth" Brad moaned childishly.

"You're stupid! It's obviously going to be hot" I said as I shook my head.

"I'm not stupid!" He protested.

"Perhaps you should have gone to college after all" I winked, since he hadn't gone due to The Vamps being formed after he was in high school.

"The Vamps saved me from that hell hole!"

"I still had to go" I groaned as I remembered how horrible school had been.

"It was kind of pointless for you too, no offence, but it's because you do modelling and all of that now which school didn't help you with" he laughed.

"I know right! But I guess it's good for me to have the qualifications I have just incase I want to do something different in the future" I shrugged.

"Have you thought much about the future?" Brad asked, blowing on his chocolate before taking a sip to ensure he didn't burn his tongue.

"Kind of" I lied, since I actually thought about it a lot. "You?"

"Hopefully I'll still be in The Vamps! And, well hopefully I'll still be with you" He said almost shyly.

"I hope I'm still with you too" I grinned, making his face light up.

"Good"

We got home quite late and attempted to watch a movie together, but Brad kept fidgeting.

"I'm bored" he moaned about halfway through as he paused the movie turned to face me.

"Sh, everyone's asleep" I giggled because his words had been loud.

"We'll just have to whisper then" He grinned.

"Yeah good plan" I whispered back.

He smiled at me before slowly leaning in to kiss me. As our lips connected I felt a feeling of warmth spread over me. It was weird because despite the amount of times I had kissed him before, each time still felt special.

"I love you" he whispered, allowing me time to say it back before he connected our lips again.

My hands travelled through his brown curls as I leaned into him, resulting in him laying on his back and me sitting upon his stomach, still kissing him.

"Maybe we should go upstairs" Brad smirked, and so we did.
---

hey guys so until Christmas there will be a few filler chapters because I can't really make drama happen right before Christmas!! for now just comment any storyline ideas you have and I'll be sure to include them if possible x