Wishes can come true

It was a very sunny Thursday morning in Sydney - a perfect spring weather to wake up to. Since I am leaving for Brisbane today I needed to wake up earlier than usual.

*Phone vibrates* "Rise and shine!", a message from Annie, my best bud in the entire universe, appeared on the screen of my brand new iPhone 5. "Will be getting up in a sec", I replied. We're going to Brisbane to visit a friend who is in major crisis mode post break up with that scumbag ex of hers. Annie stayed over at her boyfriend's house last night, taking all her bags with her.

I went on to Twitter before I got up. I read a few posts about The Collective flying to Melbourne for the Royal Melbourne Show today. In my head, I playfully imagined seeing them in the airport and taking a photo with them because I'm like their biggest fan ever! Especially Trent's. Oh my, that boy is so fine, it has to be a sin!

A familiar horn resounded outside my apartment. I was still in front of the mirror finishing my make up when Annie's car pulled up. Drew, the boyfriend, is driving us to the airport today. I feel like such a third wheel around those two eversince I broke up with my long term boyfriend, Daniel. Well that's a different story. My phone started singing "Domino", a version of The Collective. Annie was calling me. "I'll be out in 2 minutes, I'm nearly done!", I said. "Well hurry up Chris, we're running late!" I raced to get to the car as fast as I can. Lucky I decided to wear my Chucks today, I am able to move freely than I will with my heels.

As we got off at the airport Annie gave Drew a lingering kiss while I stood around awkwardly. When they were done in what seemed to be a record-breaking kiss and cuddle, I waved goodbye to Drew and thanked him for dropping us off. Annie and I were walking down the airport and I told her jokingly that we might see The Collective today because they're flying this morning as well. She was very skeptic and shrugged the thought off as she lost all faith in 'The X Factor' since they disqualified her favourite contestant, Josh Brookes, but what can I do? Past the bag checks, we were walking towards the food court when I saw a familiar face - Jayden's. All hell froze and it felt like it was heaven on earth. Around him were the other boys - and Trent! And before I knew it I was hyperventillating, trying my best to control my screams!

"Chrissie! Snap out of it and just take a photo with them already!" My mind snapped back and I just had enough strength to rummage through my bag to pick up my iPhone. I was half-dropping, half-passing it to Annie. I saw Trent looking at my direction and there it was again, that sense of ecstasy that filled me at my first glance at him. I asked if I could take a photo and Will and Trent said "Yeah, for sure" at the same time. I stood beside Trent as he was the one closest to me, plus we're in love, only he doesn't know it yet. He has let out a very sweet-sounding "Heeey" to me and all I could say was "Hiiii" with my shaky, almost breaking voice. As I positioned myself beside him, I felt him hold my arm. I'm pretty sure a part of me just melted that time, I can't be sure. I tried my very best to smile despite my shaking lips. It felt like time stopped very briefly, then it was done. I thanked the boys for the photo opportunity and hurried back to Annie.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!!!!!" was all I was able to tell her.

"Well, whadya know. I'm pretty sure you wished that so hard that it actually came true, huh?" I just gave her a reassuring smile and a noncommittal shrug as we headed to Gate 53 as it was already time for boarding. I decided to post the photo on Twitter and tag all of the boys in it. It was just enough time for me to click "Tweet" until we were asked to switch our mobile devices off and board the plane. So I switched my phone to Airplane mode and switched it off.

"That flight was exhausting!", Annie's let out.

"I agree, that was not my favourite plane ride considering it was just over an hour!"

We were walking out the boarding gates to get to the car rental stalls. I was switching my phone on as I needed to get our reservation number in my e-mail. As I switched off the Airplane mode, a couple of notifications from Twitter appeared. Zach retweeted my picture, a few more retweets from random people and OHMYF&*# !!! Trent Bell has sent me a DM!!!