Broken Bonds

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/L: Hair Length

——————————————————
____________________________________
Your POV:
____________________________________

My E/C eyes flutter open and instantly widen upon seeing that I'm in a dark room. The only source of light shines from a spotlight above, which points between the chair I sit upon and the one across from me. The ceiling and walls are white, while the tiled floor at my feet is covered in dirt and filth. Another light turns on, shining directly into my eyes and leaving me blind for a few moments. When I squint my E/C orbs, I find that the empty chair sitting a few feet away from me is now occupied by a hunched figure who sways side to side with blonde locks blocking their features. His hands tightly grasp his arms, which are left bare due to him wearing a black t-shirt, before he sinks his nails into the flesh to the point the marks begin to bleed. I gulp, my body trembling in fear as the person lifts their head with a grin extending their chapped lips. My heart pounds heavily as the face of the crazed figure is revealed. It's Keith. And, in that moment, my heart seemed to stop.

'Oh my god, it's Keith. No! No! Why him?!'

"Y/N~" the boy cackles while leaning forward and breaking out into fit of hysterical laughter. My E/C eyes tear up as his giggles die down. "We're friends, riiiiggghhht?" He asks while tilting his head in an inhuman manner. I bite my bottom lip and force myself to look away while clenching my shaking fists tightly.

"This isn't going to work on me," I state bravely with only a faint hint of fear in my tone. I can't let this continue. Keith is my friend. He would never hurt me...right? I mean, he's been so nice to me. He even stood up for me when his life could've been at risk. From the corner of my eye, I see the boy tilt his head further, causing his neck to crack loudly. I flinch at the sound and was glad I wasn't fully facing him. I can feel my tears slip down my cheeks as a shiver runs down my spine.

"Are you sure about that, Y/N?"

I make the mistake of meeting Keith's gaze, for the grin on his face widens to the point where it looked like it hurt. The sight makes me sick. I forcefully gulp down my saliva to soothe my dry throat.

"H-he w-won't b-b-bother you anymore, just, p-p-please, don't make me afraid of him," I beg the monster haunting my dream. I don't know where he's hiding, but I know he can hear and see me. Keith stands from his chair and staggers over to me, tumbling over his feet every so often. I wanted to move, but I was frozen to my seat. I can hear his heavy breaths as each footstep echoes in my ears. Again and again, his shoes would tap against the white, tiled floor.

Tap

Tap

Tap

Tap

The sound was maddening...and, then, it stopped. I was scared to look up, but I force myself to anyway.

"Don't you like me anymore, Y/N? Aren't we frieeeeeennnndddsss~" he asks with glowing, red eyes while leaning forward to cover me with his shadow. At last, I found it in me to move. I kick the floor to scoot my chair away from the blonde and stand behind it.

"You aren't real!" I shout at the illusion as I raise the chair by the back of it and swing the metal down on the phony Keith. To my dismay, I landed no blow; instead he caught the chair by its front legs, and his smile disappeared. The redness in his hazel orbs vanished as well before a shadow clouds over them.

"You don't want to be my friend anymore?" The male grits his teeth in anger while tightly gripping the legs of the chair, bending the metal legs towards me. My eyes widen in horror as my grip on the piece of furniture tightens. "You b****!" He shouts as he swings the chair with all his might.

My hands slip, and I fly into the wall on my right due to his unnatural strength. I groan in pain as I lift myself off the floor into a seated position with my back against the wall. I try to stand when Keith makes his way towards me only for my legs to fail me and drop me back to the floor. I cry as I gaze up at Keith only for my eyes to widen once more, though, not because of the blonde and his terrifying smile. Gazing up, I see that the ceiling disappeared, and, in its place, a void of darkness looms over us. Within the darkness, the familiar, white eyes and toothy grin of the Boogeyman appears. The enormous version of the monster holds wooden, X-shaped handles in his gooey claws. From the handles dangle white strings, which are attached to Keith's body, making him look like some kind of puppet. Tears spill down my cheeks as three pedestals rise from the floor. One holds a knife, another has a gun, and the last holds a rusty, lead pipe. I whimper as Keith looks them over in excitement as though they are toys.

"My, my, so many choices," he mutters following with an ominous giggle.

"S-Stop it, please," I beg only to go ignored.

"If you won't be my friend, then I'll just have to make sure you can never leave! Won't that be nice? I can have your corpse hanging on the wall like a masterpiece! Beautiful!" Laughing psychotically, he grabs the pipe and holds it in his hands. I look up and give the monster a pleading look as tears spill from my eyes. I even clasp my hands like I was praying to him.

"P-please, don't. I- I'll keep him away from you, I p-pr-promise. Just stop this, please!" I start sobbing when Keith's shadow looms over me as he raises the lead pipe to strike. I squeeze my eyes shut while covering my head with my arms to create some form of protection. I sit there, trembling and whimpering, while waiting to be beaten violently by my blonde friend...

But, it never came. Hesitantly, I open an eye and look up only to shut them again when a hand shoots towards me and grabs a fistful of my hair. I cry out in pain and hold onto the slimy, black arm as I'm pulled up roughly by the H/L strands. I open my teary eyes and find that Keith is gone, and, in his place, is the boogeyman. That made matters worse. My bottom lips quivers as I look into his blank eyes. His grin had even disappeared. I open my mouth to beg for mercy only to shut it. He wouldn't listen anyway. He never listens.

"I'll be holding you up to that, mouse. Should you fail to do so, you'll find yourself in a far worse situation. Keep away from that boy," he demands with a low, spine chilling growl. I do my best to nod and wince when some strands of my hair are tugged in a painful manner. Grinning in satisfaction, the monster shoves me down hard, causing my head to slam against the floor. A loud gasp escapes my lips as I shoot up from my bed with tears falling from my eyes. The crying soon turns into hysteric sobs and screaming. I find myself breathing heavily between cries as I fall onto my back and ferociously rub my teary eyes.

'I only wanted a friend. It isn't his fault. He didn't know. Keith didn't know.' I curl up and tightly grip the blankets in my hands. I bet that monster's grinning beneath my bed, laughing at my pitiful reaction to that horrible dream. It, at least, felt shorter than the rest of my nightmares, though, it was still terrifying to go through. That morning, I spent all alone in bed, crying while wondering what to do to break off the friendship I have with the blonde without hurting his feelings.

'I just wanted friends. Why must he take that from me too?'