Chapter 1: The Spark

Izuku Midoriya was a normal kid, or he would've been, if not for one glaring difference so important it separated him from everyone else: he was quirkless.

Ever since he was 4, when his quirk failed to manifest, he was bullied by his former childhood friend, Katsuki Bakugo, whom Izuku referred to as "Kacchan". Bakugo had developed a powerful quirk, which allowed him to secrete nitroglycerin-like sweat from the palms of his hands, and he was sure to remind Izuku of it everyday.

Now they were in Aldera Middle School, and the bullying had gotten worse. Bakugo would beat up Izuku almost every day, and everyone ignored it, even the teacher.

That's why he never told anyone his lifelong dream, because they would laugh at him and tell him it was impossible for a quirkless weakling like him to accomplish something so great. His dream was to become a hero, like All Might, who could save the day with a smile on his face.

But heroes had quirks, and the most powerful ones at that. Izuku, without even the weakest quirk, stood no chance of becoming a hero, or that's what everyone had thought.

He was determined to prove them wrong.

...

"So, as third year students, it's time to think about your futures and what you want to do with your lives. I could pass out your career aptitude test but why bother we all know you all want to go to the hero track!"

The classroom erupted in cheers, but Izuku just sighed and put his head down. He knew that this discussion was not going to end well, one way or another.

"Hey teach, don't let me in with these bunch of losers. I'm the real deal but these guys will be lucky to be a sidekick to some busted D-lister. Ha!" a prideful Bakugo exclaimed. Izuku had an idea of where this was going, and he wished he could ask for a bathroom pass or escape the classroom somehow. His mind began to wander, especially back to what had happened in the morning.

Flashback

As Mt. Lady kicked the giant monster, Izuku smiled. He had a new hero to take notes on. There was so many notes to take. What was her quirk? What were its applications? What are its drawbacks? How did she plan on- "What's that fanboy? You taking notes over there? Wanna be a hero too, huh?" The guy standing next to him had noticed his excited ramblings. "Ah, yes! More than anything!" Izuku beamed. He wanted to be a grea-

"Oh Yeah, Midoriya, don't you want to go to UA too?" Izuku snapped out of his thoughts. He was still in his classroom, and the teacher had just asked him a question. Then, he suddenly remembered why he had wanted to escape the classroom. He braced himself... The room erupted in laughter. All of the students thought it was ridiculous that a quirkless kid was trying to get into a school meant for people with the strongest quirks in the nation. But that wasn't why Izuku was scared...

"Deku, you bastard!" Izuku winced. Bakugo had just jumped in front of Izuku's desk, and was now ranting about how he was the best, and how Izuku should just give it up. Bakugo screamed, "Listen up, Deku. You're even worse than these damn rejects, you quirkless wannabe. You really think they'll let someone like you in when they can have me?!" Izuku held his head in shame for the rest of the day.

...

Class had just ended, and Izuku was ready to go home, but first he had to take some notes on the day's hero news. "I don't know what you think you're doing, Deku, but we're not done." Izuku thought his day couldn't have gotten worse, but it had. Bakugo snatched his notebook, and asked what it was. "Hero Analysis for the Future? Don't tell me you're taking notes on how to be a hero?" Apparently, his dedication and diligence was hilarious to Bakugo and his goons, and Izuku was fine with that, but then Bakugo had to go on and blow his notebook up! Izuku was furious, but he couldn't show it, because he would just be laughed at even more.