Chapter 3: The Training

Izuku had just been told the words he had wanted to hear his entire life. Not even his own mother had told him once that he could be a hero. And All Might, the greatest hero ever, had told him he could be one. There was no way that Izuku would let him down. 

All Might continued his speech (seriously, how does he pull speeches out of nowhere?): "Great heroes have a common story: when they were young, their bodies moved on their own to save people, even when it wasn't necessary. You felt it, too, didn't you?" Izuku remembered the feeling, when he ran to help even though his mind told him he couldn't help in any way. "You can become a great hero. Now for the suggestion I mentioned earlier. If you want to be a hero, you will have to compensate for your lack of a quirk with training and experience. You should be able to do what you did with the sludge villain, but in a trained and efficient manner. You want to go to UA, don't you? I can train you in the 10 months between now and the entrance exam. So what do you say, young man?"

Izuku registered these words with shock, and responded, "Are you sure? I mean, you could offer to train anyone, so why would you train me? I'm just a quirkless kid." All Might knew if he was ever to choose this kid as a successor, he would have to help him get rid of his insecurities. However, All Might wasn’t sure about this kid yet. The kid had managed to do things that were possible for quirkless people, but at the far limit of what they were capable of. All Might needed to know the power the kid showed was before he ever would choose this kid as a successor. (Basically Izuku won’t get One For All until they figure out what Ultra Instinct is) All Might replied, “Kid, you’ve got potential and heart. Those are the two most crucial things for a hero to have. Meet me at Dagobah Beach in the morning two days from now.”

When Izuku got to Dagobah Beach that morning, he was surprised to see huge mountains of trash everywhere. All Might was standing in front of it in his skinny form. Izuku asked, “Why is the beach covered in trash? I’ve never seen it like this before!” To which All Might replied with yet another speech: “After some research on the internet yesterday, I discovered that part of this beach park's coast has been like this for many years. Yeah, for some reason, because of the currents, objects drift here a lot, and people take advantage of that to hide their illegal dumping The local residents don't come near here, either. Heroes these days are all after the showy stuff.

Originally, being a hero meant doing volunteer service. Even if people called that boring or whatever. You can't waver from those roots. You will restore the horizon for this whole section! That is your first step toward becoming a hero!”

Izuku was confused. How would this help him train? Was All Might just going to teach him how to be a stellar citizen rather actually teach him to be a hero? What’s the po- “Kid, you’re rambling again. I’ll answer your questions anyway. By carrying different pieces of trash, you can train different muscle groups. We’ll also be doing sparring on certain so that you can learn how to fight once you clean the beach. Within 10 months, you’ll be trained enough to handle basic villain battles.” After hearing this, Izuku couldn’t wait to begin.

...

Izuku rethought his enthusiasm after a week of the training. All Might came up with an “American Dream Plan” to train Izuku. It scheduled every part of his life, even sleep. How did All Might even know his sleep schedule? The plan also included a diet to follow. Izuku remembered the resolution he made, to show the world what a quirkless person could do, and decided to add more to the “American Dream Plan”. He trained at school, while doing homework at home, and watching television. He even secretly snuck out at night to clean Dagobah Beach in the dark. In 3 months, Izuku began to bulk up significantly. Even All Might was surprised at his progress. It seemed as if his body was adapting to the training on its own! (similar to how Saiyans can improve themselves quickly by just training)