Chapter 8- Paris

September 12, 2006

Draco released a sigh from his lips as he sat on the couch of their flat. Today was a busy day for him, with calls to make and patronuses to cast. He had made a lot of big decisions today, starting with what to do for dinner, since it is Hermione's birthday. 

"Dray? You're home?" He heard Hermione say from her office in their little library. 

"Just a second, Mia!" He said, before casting a silencing charm on the area, picking up his phone and calling the restaurant to confirm his reservation, and making sure that the flowers have been delivered. 

They had opted to celebrate her birthday as a group last Saturday, but he had other plans for today. He had asked Narcissa to make sure that she had no work for today, his mother becoming overjoyed as he let her in his plans. 

"Mia, I know you have no work today, and it is currently 2 in the afternoon. Now I want you to be up and ready by 6 because I have reservations for us today. I left your dress on the bed." He said to her when he found her reading her newest copy of Hogwarts: A History that he had gotten her for her birthday as part 1 of his gifts for her. 

She looked up from her book with one eyebrow raised, silently asking him what his plans are. 

"I'm not saying anything, aside from the fact that this is a date. It's a surprise, now go get ready." He said, giving her a wink. She shook her head at him, completely used by his antics. 

She remembered the first time he had asked her out on a date, the day after his birthday. As it turns out, Draco had gotten the impatient temperament that Malfoys have, which resulted in him calling in sick just so he could ask her out on a date that same day. 

She smiled as she remembered how they walked down Watergate Bay holding hands, talking about everything and nothing. She remembered how they rode horses behind the Malfoy Manor, laughing and racing. And she remembered how she loved every minute of it. 

Now, they are about to go on another date, the fifth one since he had asked her out first. 

She had just gotten out of the shower when she heard Draco talking to someone on the phone in french, giving her the idea that the reservations were either in a french restaurant, or is situated in France. She shook her head at him as she went inside the walk in closet, muttering along the lines of Draco being extravagant. 

She sat in front of the vanity as she did her hair, using her wand to dry it. She then proceeded to braid the upper half of her hair, tying it in a bun at the back of her head. The lower half she had curled loosely down her back. She grabbed the box that she took from the bed, before hanging the dress up, admiring it. 

It was a gorgeous high low dress, with the top in white, and the skirt in a dark blue floral pattern. The top and the skirt are connected by a belt made from the same material as the skirt. The top has a three-quarters sleeve, and the neckline is low enough that shows the tiniest bit of cleavage.  

A reflection of the light caught her eye as she looked away from the dress, only to be met by a pair of 4-inch silver heels, with straps tied to the ankle. Taking them out of the box and setting them by the dress, she couldn't help but appreciate Draco's tastes, knowing him well enough to know that he's the one that had chosen the ensemble. 

Glancing at the shoes and the dress back and forth, she had finally decided on her makeup, opting for a soft brown on her crease, matte dark blue in the outer corner of her lids, before blending in a light grey shade, and adding some silver highlighter in her inner corner. She then blended dark grey and white in her lower lash line. She added a small cat winged eyeliner in black, before adding some lengthening mascara to bother her upper and lower lashes. She skipped her brows as she deemed them perfect on their own, and moved on to add a warm nude beige shade to her lips before placing a protective charm on her makeup, a reassurance that they won't smudge or come off unless she purposefully tried to remove them.