Chapter 1: Friends With The Enemy

{Your P.O.V}

A meeting was sent out today for my father to meet the other runner up in the City Council campaign. Andrew.
The children of the runner ups also had to attend, it didn't bother me so much so I decided to go along with it.

Because, I am the whole reason my father is getting anywhere is this campaign.
I have my magic powers, they built his company and made him famous, but all the work he has claimed to be his, was always mine to begin with.

A random though crossed my mind, who is the child of the "enemy"? as my father likes to call him.

Me and my father where in our limo driving to the restaurant that we will meet the two candidates.

"Remember to use your manners Y/N. We have to make a good impression on the enemy" My father explains to me

"Why do you call Andrew the "enemy" exactly?" I questioned

My father shifted in his seat at started to stare out at the window.

"You know the reason why Y/N. They are trying to ruin my chances to be city council!" My father states in anger

"I understand father, but you need to work with your manners as well" I respond giving him a bit of a glare

After hearing a scoff from my father I can feel the air around us change.
He is starting to get mad again.

"We are arriving soon, so just watch your tongue" My father states

I keep quite.
My father wants to be the leader so badly, he will do anything just to make him and his family look good.

From donating to charity to helping in vets and making things like cell phones and other electronics. He wanted the L/N family name to be perfect.
But behind closed doors he is rude and ignorant.

Maybe that's why I hate him so much, but either way, I had to deal with living with him.
I want to escape.

Once we arrive at the restaurant we get our of the limo and my father began his fake persona and started smiling.
I decided to piss him off so, I just had my normal bland face.

We walked into the restaurant and we where greeted by a waiter and he assigned us to out table, Andrew and his family didn't arrive yet so we waited for a little while.

"Y/N L/N, smile." My father demanded

"I don't want to be apart of the campaign. You can act all nice and friendly to them, but I don't want to show them a fake me that smiles so much" I hissed back

My father glared at me through his prescription glasses and he snapped out of it once he noticed someone else's presents.

A man wearing a suit and tie was walking along side a man with blonde hair and a girl that was around my age, she was wearing a casual outfit.
I'm guessing that is Andrew and his child.... I don't know who the other guy is.

"Ah! Andrew, you arrived!" My father smiled

I stare at the girl. She had raven hair and hot pink eyes.
She was actually quite pretty.
I envy her, not because of her looks, but because of the fact that she was able to wear such casual clothes. My father didn't want me to wear my casual stuff because he wanted us to be more like royalty than anything else.

"Oh, Mr. L/N, it's very nice to meet you in person once again" Andrew grunted at the nice part

They hate each other equity.

The blonde next to Andrew turns to look at me and he begins smiling.

"Hello there!, it's nice to meet you i'm Devin, you must be Mr. L/N's daughter" Devin says waving at me with a kind smile