Chapter 16

James POV:

As soon as the clock hits 12 am, I race over to Jen's, not caring about what my parents might have to say and bang on her door. 

Cayden answers with an annoyed expression and opens the door so I could come in. He warns me that Jen is sleeping so I have to be quiet.

When I enter into the living room, I see Jen, Cora, and Kyra all sleeping. Jen's eyes are slightly puffy and she has dried tear marks on her face.

I have the biggest urge to go and wipe them but I know better than to do that with the eyes of Cayden burning in the back of my head.

Cayden nods his head towards the kitchen.

When we walk in there, I begin to explain my plan to make it up to Jen. 

By the time I'm done, it's 1:15 in the morning, and Cayden has a smirk on his face.  

He agrees to the plan and forgives me. 

We do a bro hug before I leave for home to get some sleep.

_

LATER THAT DAY:

Jen's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing.

Cora, Kyra, and Cayden left earlier this morning claiming that they all had something to do and that I'll be alright. 

How rude!

I got out of my cozy position on the couch and went to answer the door. I looked around but no one presented themselves.

Probably some little kids playing around.

I got cozy again on the couch before the doorbell rung again.

Once again I got up and opened the door quickly, an attempt to catch the culprit. 

I surely caught something alright. 

It was a big rock hurtling towards my face. 

Good thing I caught it, I would've had a massive bruise.

I looked around to see who could be messing with me. 

Just as I was about to close the door, a rustling of the bushes came. I tried looking closer but a voice cleared its voice from behind me. 

I shut the door and slowly turned around, thinking of things to hit the intruder with.

Before I turned fully, I grabbed one of my slides off my feet and began to attack.

 I hit the person in the face with my slide and punched them in the stomach all without seeing who it was.

This was at least what happened in my head.

 In reality, I tried to attack the person but I ended up missing their face, and instead, I hit the person's junk. 

Oops...

When the person was down, I identified them as the one and only Cayden. I shook my head as I helped him up.

"You shouldn't have done that, I could've really hurt you," I said.

"With a slide, really?"

"YES, I COULD'VE BROKEN YOUR NOSE AND PREVENTED TOU FROM HAVING KIDS!" I began to get worked up. 

Before I could, Cayden led me to the kitchen where 2 other people were sitting on the island stools. I sent Cayden a questioning glance as the two people turned around.

No shock came when I saw it was James and Cora. 

I read the sign that Cora was holding up out loud while James got off the seat and on one knee, taking my hands. I only let him because Cayden was holding me in place.

The sign said :

Baby girl, 

I'm really sorry for hurting you and I hope that this doesn't ruin our friendship. I want you to have this bracelet as an apology and I never meant to hurt you.

Love,
Bear❤️

After I read the sign, Kyra popped out of nowhere and gave the bracelet to James. 

He looked into my eyes for any sign of acceptance. 

I nodded my head and he slid the bracelet on my left hand. 

He rose and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and we stayed like that for a while.

 I went back to laying on the couch while Bear made breakfast.

Hey y'all,

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! I always follow back!

Until Later,
My Lovely Little Potatoes 🥔❤️