Chapter 7

The next days were better and worse. They were better because no one had recognised my disappearing and the royal wedding neared by (which meant that I could soon return to Dorne) but they were worse because I couldn't forget the blonde, handsome man. Was it a coincidence that we met each other? Or was it predetermined? I had no idea why he stuck in my mind all the time. Okay, please head, stop. Today is the wedding day of King Joffrey and Margaery Tyrell. Luckily a knock on the door interrupted my childish thoughts about that man with his lovely emerald green eyes. It was my handmaiden, who had just finished a beautiful dress.

„Ellaria Sand told me which colors I should use. I hope you like it." Its color was slight golden with a plunging neckline and it hugged my figure perfectly. As always, I didn't know if it was chosen to please or displease the Lannisters. My handmaid persuaded me to choose a southern hairstyle, but I insisted on my dornish jewelry.

My uncle and his paramour Ellaria were already waiting for me. Together we followed the high born to the great sept of Baelor. Even I wasn't too pleased by Kings Landing, this building was beautiful. We stood in the second row, straight behind Tywin Lannister. For a moment my uncle's posture tensed, but he relaxed after Ellaria took his hand. Lady Margaery, who would be the new queen of Westeros in a few minutes, entered the sept besides her father and he led her to the altar.

King Joffrey offered her his arm and put his cloak on her shoulders. The ceremony was short and after Joffreys „with this kiss I pledge my love" kiss, the crowd applauded, leaving the sept, on their way to the feast.

When we arrived, the feast had already started. The king and the queen were sitting on the table, talking and eating. I looked around, a little bit bored. In Dorne, our feasts were quite more exciting and louder and much funnier, not as serious as they were here. I nearly saw anyone laughing. Luckily I would never have to return once I would have found my way back to Dorne.

My uncle chatted with Ellaria but suddenly he stopped. I followed his gaze, espying Tywin and Cersei Lannister, walking straightly toward us.

„Your Grace, Lord Tywin!" My uncle said, smiling falsely.

„Prince Oberyn", he replied politely, not getting distracted by my uncles appearing.

„I don't believe you have met Ellaria. Ellaria this is Lory Tywin the kings hand and Cersei Lannister, the queen regent. I suppose it is former queen regent now."

Cersei smiled, but her eyes said the opposite. She despised him.

„Lord Hand, Lady Cersei - Ellaria Sand, my paramour."

„Charmed."

„I haven't met a Sand before", Cersei said coldly.

Immediately the atmosphere changed. It was tensive now.

„We are everywhere in Dorne. I have ten thousand sisters and brothers."

„Bastards are born with passion, aren't they? We don't despise them in Dorne." My uncle added.

The queen smiled again but now some anger reached her face. It was obvious that my uncle alluded to her former husband, Robert Baratheon.

„I expect it is a relief, Lady Cersei, giving up your regal responsibilities. Wearing the crown for so many years must have left your neck a little bit crooked?"

„Not at all. It's a shame your older brother couldn't attend the wedding." Cersei answered.

„Well maybe he couldn't but therefore he send the future regent of Dorne. This is Elia, my brothers eldest child and future queen of Dorne."

I dropped a curtsy, not missing the look in their eyes when they heard my name.

Out of my eyesight I saw a man coming nearby.

I looked at him and at the same moment we said something.

„Jaime."

„Elia."

I couldn't decide whose relatives looked less amused.

I know a cliffhanger sucks, but I couldn't resist