1

Kira:

I stand on my balcony, the envelope still within my grasp the stars begin to come out. My anxiety is at an all-time high as I stare at the unopened envelope but the cursive writing is what I recognize. After all these years of being alone without any word from him, he just now chooses to reach out. But knowing him, there is an alternative reason, and not because he wanted to. I run my hand through my white hair and exhale before tearing open the envelope.

Lady Kira Hio,

I request you to attend Cross Academy. Please arrive when Hanabusa and allow us to rekindle. Life has not been kind to us and it is time for us to do what our parents always wanted. I await your arrival.

Sincerely,

Lord Kaname Kuran

I scoff and crumble to letter into my fist. Tears of anger enter my mismatched irises but I refuse to let them fall. He is the whole reason why I fell off the face of society, but now he wants to reach out. The sound of glass cracking pulls me from my anger along with someone knocking on my door. I head back into my bedroom while waving my hand at the window to fix it.

"It's open!" I announce and I can tell it is Hanabusa. He enters with a goofy smile on his features and I look at him with a skeptical look in my eye, "What are you about to do?"

"I can't be happy to see you?" He questions me while flopping on my bed and propping himself up, "What is that?" Hanabusa asks while pointing to the letter in my hand I forgot about. I contemplate telling him so I can avoid going, but my gut instinct tells me to fess up. With an eye roll, I give him the letter and he chuckles. I watch his electric blue eyes grow wide in excitement.

"No-" I start but he cuts me off as he flies off my bed. Hanabusa wraps his arms around me and spins us in circles, unable to contain his excitement. I smile at his childish behavior and realize this is who he is, regardless of his status.

"We have to start packing, the car will be here early." He tells me while rushing to my closet and grabbing my suitcases.

"Hana-"

"This is so exciting." He is talking more to himself than me, "You get to meet everyone-"

"Hanabusa!" I shout over him and that instantly gets his attention, "I don't even know if I want to attend." His face instantly drops and that is a heartbreaking site to see, "No one knows I am alive for a reason."

"You would disobey a Purebloods request?"

I sigh and run my hands down my face, "I am a Pureblood you imbecile." I take a deep breath before continuing, "After all these years, he finally reached out. Why?"

"Maybe he believes it is time for your presence to be known again." Hanabusa tells me while continuing to pack my belongings, "Come on Kira, it could be fun. It would be better than entertaining my sisters while I'm gone."

"What about your dad?" I worry that he will see this as disrespectful and be angry with me. Nagamichi is the only parent figure I have had since I was young and I'd rather not ruin the relationship with him.

"He has no say in what you do." Hana reassures me while finishing one of my suitcases, "Please come to Cross Academy with me." He gives me big puppy dog-like eyes and that alone makes it hard to say no.

I sigh again while running my hand through my hair, "Alright, fine but you are doing all the packing."

Hanabusa smiles widely as I make myself comfortable on my bed with my legs tucked under me. He begins to talk about everyone in attendance but I can't bring myself to tune in completely. The person on my mind is Kaname. How does he look? Does he still act the same? Are we going to go through with what our parents agreed on? Or is all this some type of ruse to get me to show my face? I already know all the other vampires are going to be hesitant to accept me.

The mismatched red and blue eyes are a dead giveaway. I wasn't too involved with society as a child but everyone knew of me. But never knew what I looked like and only knew who my mother was. How I wish my mother was here to guide me. She would be able to tell me if I'm making the right choice or not. Living in a world with few Purebloods is a scary thing but it must be done to keep order within our ranks.

Hanabusa finishes packing my things and that is when I tune back into what he is saying, "Ruka can be a bitch and overprotective of Lord Kaname, but she is going to have to get over it."

"How do you think everyone is going to react to another Pureblood attending?" I question him in hopes he will relieve some of my worry.

"I'm not sure." Hana tells me while moving my bags so they are next to my door, "But their opinions don't matter. All that matters is that I'm happy you'll be there." He adds on coming to my bedside and pulling me to him. Hanabusa plants a kiss on the top of my head while rubbing my back, "Get some rest, I will be back to annoy you in a few hours." I smile as he walks out of the room and it drops the second my door closes.

What the hell did I just agree to?

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Hello, my lovelies!

It has taken me more than enough time to come back! Life has been rough and I forgot that I wished to rewrite this, but I am back.

Who is ready for Kira and her amazing story once more but even better?

Until next time! c: