3

Kira:

I clench my teeth and walk up the stairs, knowing him making a big announcement was all for show. I ignore his hand and give him the barest of glances in hopes he will lead me to wherever. He moves his eyebrow slightly before leading me down the hall and every set of eyes are glued to us. His knuckles brush with mine and little tingles follow it. I tuck my hands into my pocket and continue walking silently next to him.

Kaname opens a door for me and I step inside. Bookshelves line the walls, a couch with a table is seen, a desk in the back with a bay window behind it, and a chess table is seen as well. He comes to stand in front of me and his eyes are looking down on me, but I can't bring myself to look at him. I stare at his chest, "Do it." He whispers and that's all it takes.

"You left me all alone in the world." I tell him hoarsely before shoving him, "Questioning what I did wrong to everyone." I punch him so hard in the chest that he stumbles backward from me, "I had no one but myself. Hanabusa was there but I can't let anyone in that isn't you and I hate it." My voice cracks and a tear spills onto my cheek, "You were all I wanted but you disappeared."

"I'm sorry." He whispers but that can't undo anything that has been done.

"I waited for you every single day Kaname, but you never came or wrote." At this point, the waterworks are going in full force and there is no stopping them, "I am so unbelievably pissed at you."

"And you have every right to be," Kaname reassures him and his tone has never risen, "But I couldn't risk your life so I had to leave until now."

I look at him with tears on my face and nothing but sadness is seen on his beautiful features, "What changed? Why am I here now after all these years?"

"It's time for you to resume your place next to me and be known to the society." His words make my heart flip but that isn't enough to mask my hurt, "But I will wait for you for as long as it takes."

"Damn you." I curse to him before shoving him once more, "Where is my room? I don't want to be around you anymore."

His reddish-brown eyes flash an emotion I don't catch but he doesn't fight me, "Across the hall. I will come to get you for classes tomorrow."

I give him the barest of glances and leave his room. As I step outside the door I nearly run into a girl with jealous coffee-brown eyes and toffee-colored hair. She hesitates to bow and steps out of my way as I go into my room and slam the door shut behind me. I slide down my door and pull my knees to my chest. Looking around my room, all my belongings are here and this places feel like a prison already.

The smell of blood enters my nose and I can only assume it is Kaname feeding. I can feel the girl's emotions simply from her blood being spilled and it makes me regret everything. Kaname wants me to be by his side as our parents always wanted but this girl is madly in love with him. I force myself from the floor and plop down on my bed. I don't bother to change my clothes and just watch the sun begin to rise on the horizon.

Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep before the classes start.

~

I stand in front of my mirror and look at the ridiculous uniform I have to wear. It is uncanny that vampires wear white uniforms. I rub my eyes aggressively in hopes that it will get rid of some exhaustion but it makes it worse. With a huff, I walk out of my bathroom just as I feel Kaname outside my door and he knocks. I hesitate before walking to my door but I can't do it forever. Opening my door, he looks at me with a kind smile and I ignore him.

I follow him down the hall and I hear the chatter of the Night Class. We stop at the top of the stairs and everyone looks at us before bowing. Glancing at Kaname, he nods his head to Seiren and she opens the doors. I wait for him to start walking and follow his lead, as long we are outside and in the middle of all the aristocratic vampires. But what makes me wince is the sound of screaming human girls.

"How annoying." I mumble more to myself and Kaname chuckles at me. The gates creak open and the screaming intensifies but what catches my attention is two individuals that I thought died. They are busy keeping the frantic schoolgirls away from us and I leave Kaname's side without warning, "Yuki?" She looks at me with an unknown emotion and pushes the girls back before walking up to me.

"Do I know you?" My heart hurts at her words and I look at Kaname who has come up beside me.

"This is my dear friend Kira." He introduces us and she smiles, a smile that is all too familiar. Yuki's hair is short and her eyes are still kind, but she doesn't remember me.

"You don't remember me?" I can feel Kaname glance at me but he doesn't say anything.

"I...I don't. Am I supposed to?" She stutters while having a confused look in her eye.

"I thought one Pureblood was enough, but now there are two of you?" A cold voice is heard and I step around Yuki, looking into the face of Zero. His lavender irises hold hatred as he stares at me, "Son of a bitch." He curses while walking up to me and Kaname steps in front of me as Yuki goes to Zero.

"Your brother is not as hateful as you are." I taunt him while sidestepping Kaname.

Zero scoffs before effortlessly pulling out a Bloody Rose and pointing it directly at me, "Keep talking about him and I might just blow your head off!" He snaps at me and thankfully no humans are within earshot.

"Zero, stop!" Yuki begs while grabbing the gun and forcing it down, "There is no reason for you to pull that out."

"He isn't worth you getting worked up." Kaname tells me while continuing to glare at Zero, "He is just an ex-human." I glance up at Kaname as he places his hand on my lower back and begins to guide me away.

"You are just like your mother." Zero calls out to me and that's all it takes. I shove Kaname away from me as hard as possible and I am instantly in front of Zero, grabbing the front of his uniform and glaring at him, "Quick to anger and ready to kill someone. Shizuka would be proud."

"You don't ever get to speak about her," I growl as my eyes burn a bright crimson, "You don't know anything about her."

"Please stop it." Yuki begs us with anxiety lacing her voice.

"I know that she killed my parents, stole my brother, and made me the monster I am." Zero tells me angrily but refuses to fight against me.

I shove him away from me with a cold chuckle, "At least Ichiru loved me as a sister and would never speak to me like you do." Kaname places his hand on my stomach and begins to guide me away. I eventually give in and turn away, "Thanks for the heads up Lord Asshole."

"I wasn't given the time to say anything." He tells me and I just shake my head at him. I fall in step beside him as my thoughts begin to drown me.

This is already off to a great start.