2

Kira:

I don't remember falling asleep. But when I wake up, it is panicked. A nightmare ruined my sleep and I haven't slept in almost a week. Throwing the blanket off of me, I see my packed suitcase and remember I agreed to go to Cross Academy.  I sigh while walking into my bathroom and throwing my hair into a messy bun before starting the shower. I don't strip until steam fills the room.

Getting in the shower, I let the water run over my face in hopes of waking me up. As my eyes are closed all I can see is the eyes identical to mine and his twisted smile. I haven't seen or heard about him since I was a child but it still haunts me. When I came back I squealed and almost fell, "What the hell Hanabusa?!"

"I'm sorry! I was just trying to make sure you were awake." His face is bright red in embarrassment and he puts his back to me, "So we can come in and take your bags to the car."

"I'll be ready in a few minutes." I tell him while continuing my shower as he stands with his back to me, "Unless you want to see me naked I advise you to take your leave."

"Right, of course." Hanabusa mutters quickly before disappearing and I just roll my eyes.

I would be utterly lost without him.

I quickly wash my body and stand under the boiling water for another quick minute. But I eventually forced myself to shut off the water and get out. Drying myself off, I wrap myself in a towel and walk back out into my room. I see an outfit laid on my bed and smile softly as I see it is a comfortable outfit for me. I get dressed and look around my room once more.

These four walls have been witness to my entire childhood. Saw all my tears and heard all my laughs. All my bonding moments with Hanabusa or fights we got into. I smile to myself as this bittersweet chapter comes to an end and another opens. A soft knock comes from my open door, I meet the comforting eyes of Nagamichi as he steps inside.

"It has been a pleasure having you stay under our roof Lady Hio." He tells me formally with a small smile. I walk up to him and just opens his arms for me. I bury myself in his arms and sigh happily, "You will always have a place in our home if you ever need it."

"Thank you." I murmur while pulling away with misty eyes and looking up at him, "Please tell me your daughters are nowhere to be seen."

Nagamichi chuckles softly, "My wife took them out on a shopping spree and I will break the news when they return." He rests his hand on my head and looks at me with pride, "I have a meeting to attend but we will be reunited when the time is right."

He leaves before I can respond and I'm glad he did. If he had stayed here any longer I probably wouldn't have been able to go. I take a few moments to collect myself before walking out the door. No matter what happens, I still must keep the stoic face of a Pureblood and that is what sucks the most. I walk down the stairs and Hanabusa is waiting for me by the doors along with the driver. They both bow respectfully and it takes everything in me not to laugh.

The front doors are open and I grimace at how bright the sun is today. From lack of sleep and feeding, it is more bothersome than usual. Hanabusa beats me to the car and opens the door while the driver closes the trunk. I climb in and easily make myself comfortable, already knowing we won't arrive until after the sun sets. Hanabusa sits across from me and smiles happily at me but I can't bring myself to give one back.

Hopefully, this feeling in my stomach goes away.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Hanabusa snores loudly as we come to a halt outside the main gate. I masked my presence the second we left the Aido residence so no one would know I was arriving. Rubbing my hands together, I smack Hana square in the chest and watch him wake up with a start. He looks around in panic and I giggle as I open the door. The second I step out I am overwhelmed with the sound of beating hearts and the presence of Kaname.

"Are you okay?" Hanabusa asks me while rubbing his chest and standing next to me.

"Hana, I don't think I can do this." I whisper while feeling the presence of someone coming towards us. She wears a white uniform and her silver-lavender hair is the first thing I notice about her.

"Lord Kaname awaits. I will see to your bags." She tells me with a dead tone before heading to the car.

"That is Seiren, but go ahead and we will meet up later." He encourages me while gesturing with his hand and I just pull my lips into a thin line. With a deep breath, I walk up the steps and get through the gate.

Everything is gorgeous. The scenery, cobblestone sidewalk, and the water fountains. But the only odd thing I notice is that no human is in sight. All the heartbeats are off in the distance in a cluster and I assume they are in their dorms for the night. The monsters come out at night. I ignore that thought and continue walking in the direction of Kaname's presence. I come outside a gate and push it open, someone sits in the little tower and bows deeply to me.

I can feel how many people are in behind these doors and it drives me up the wall. All the questions are bouncing around my skull and I can't get away from them. What if everyone hates me? What if no one trusts me? So many what-ifs and not enough time to process them. With a deep breath, I twist the doorknobs and push open the doors. I put on my stoic face as best I could and walked inside.

The chatter instantly stops and everyone is turning to look at me. I walk inside and glance over every set of eyes possible. I recognize some of them but I can't place everyone. Everyone begins to murmur and I stand awkwardly in front as it happens. Someone steps forward and bows before me which causes everyone to follow suit. But the thing that catches my eye is someone walking upstairs. His dark brown hair is long and there is a sadness to him that I can't place just yet.

"Lady Hio I have been waiting for you." Kaname's voice is still gentle and soft but it is the sadness in his eye that I can't shake, "Please join me, we have much to catch up on." He holds his hand out to me and I fight the urge to scoff at the gesture.

Let the shitshow begin.