Chapter 4

As the days to my deployment began to count down the people I loved and needed in the world began to become sombre at the fact that soon I wouldn't be here anymore. Dad did everything he could to try and hide the fact that he was sad I was leaving again but I could see it every time I looked at him.  Isa had Edward to help her and I was thankful that he would be here to help her when I couldn't. Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie and Emmett all promised me that if I didn't make it they would do everything to make Alice happy again. Jasper and Addie promised that she would be fine with me gone and I tried to believe that but I really couldn't. And so all that has to lead us to this me stood in the airport in full  Military gear surrounded by all the Cullens and my father and sister. 

Dad hugged me first and whispered "You come back, you do what you have to do and you come back do you understand me" I nodded knowing nothing else would be able to help him.

Then I hugged Carlisle and Esme and they told me to stay safe. the rose and Emmett and they said the same.

I shook Edward's hand and then jaspers and jasper said to me "Don't worry about her me and Addie will make sure she's okay shes a strong girl"

"Thank you jasper, I know she'll be safe with you," I said and he nodded 

Addie attacked me in a hug and I chuckled "You better come back, my sister loves you so much so please fight if not for yourself then for her and Bella come home to them" 

"I will," I said 

Then it was time to say goodbye to my sister again, I held her tightly as she cried into my chest 

i pulled away and wiped her tears away "You've got to be strong for me now Isa, I want you to look after dad for me and Alice, I want you to have the best time you possibly can in high school, I want you to love Edward so much that it hurts, I want you to live your life while you can, be brave and be happy" i said and she nodded 

I walked over to Alice and she looked at me for a minute before wrapping her arms around my waist "Your not gonna let me see anything are you" she whispered 

"No that would make it much harder in you, I will, however, take it off some times so you know im alright. deal?" I asked 

"deal," she said and we pulled away, I picked up my bag and began to walk away from them until she called my name, I turned around just in time to catch her, she kissed me and I deepened it. I slowly put her to the ground and looked to jasper, he walked over and took Alice from me, holding her tightly so she wouldn't follow me again. I looked at them all one more time before I disappeared around the corner and that would be the last time I would see any of them for quite a while. 

THIRD POV 

The Cullens went back to their home, as Bella and charlie went to theirs. Bella walked into her room to find an envelope on her bed just as Alice walked into the living room of her house to find two letters one addressed to her and the other to Jasper and Addie.

'Isa if your reading this then it means I've already left and if I haven't please don't stop me, This time me leaving is a little different sure I've fought in a war before that was the end of one this time its the start of one and those are always more tricky, I know I promised you od try everything to come home and trust me I will but that may not happen and if it doesn't I need you to promise me something, take care of dad and then if you do become a vampire take care of Alice, let her be happy, help her and make sure she finds someone to love her for who she is. I love you little sister and i promise i will always be with you'

'Dear  Addie and Jasper, I know you would have heard me tell Alice something along the lines of I would take my ring off so she could see me but that won't happen I can't have her seeing what im ging through trust me if I could stay I would be I cant, where im going im not expected to come back it basically a suicide mission, but if it means protecting people then i will go, know you know why I didn't wanna fall in love with Alice knowing I wasn't coming home and giving her false hope broke my heart, you two along with Edward are the only ones that know, if I am killed a man named  Aaron will come to your house and give Carlisle a letter, hold Alice if he reads it, it will tear her apart. But if I do come home im going to make that girl my wife, promise me you'll take care of her and yourselves, all my love you awesome best friend Jase P.S it's not just vampires that can hear you two going at  it you two are nasty'

'My dearest Alice, I never planned to fall in love with you but I am so glad I did you have given me another reason to fight, I know leaving will always be hard but I want you to look at the positives you can do whatever you want with me being by your side all the time, you can beat you jasper and pus Edward and go on all those shopping trips because when I come home your all mine, I love you, Allie,, these past few weeks have been amazing and if make it home I want to spend the rest of eternity with you, all my love your future husband Jace'

Everyone Jason left behind had different reactions, some were awaiting the day he would return and others were awaiting the day they got a call saying he wasn't coming but what they didn't know os what their future would be lie without him.