Part 1

(Disclaimer: the picture above is not mine)

Warning(s): mentions of blood, death, violence, and I also didn't edit the story afterwards

-

Click, click, click..

The sound of your shoes against the tile floors of the church corridor, was sounding way too loud, as the sound bounced up and down the empty halls and corridors. You were on your nightly church patrol, just like every other night.

Of course you were tired, but as soon as you heard the rustling a few hallways down, you knew it wasn't just your mind playing tricks. At first, you were scared, but curiousity got the best of you, as you clutched your long, black dress tightly in both hands, and decided to go investigate the sounds.

After all, it was your job to protect the church.

Your dress dragged against the tile floor, and your heartbeat became quicker as you neared the source of the disturbance.

Your hands were shaking, knuckles turning white, as you stopped in your tracks, debating wether to take the turn and discover what could be waiting for you at the end of the hallway.

..did you even want to know?

Everything around you was dark, the only thing you could see, being the small space right before you, illuminated by the candle you were holding.

Taking one last shaky breath, you turned around and stepped down the corridor, once again lifting your dress up, so you wouldn't trip and fall in it. Again.

Your eyes squinted, as you tried to identify the form laying at the bottom of the corridor. Brining your light a little forward, you noticed something white inside the bundle of whatever it was, as you carefully took a step forward, the click of your shoe echoing through the empty room.

Your breathing quickened, as multimuple scenarios of what the mysterious thing could be, crossed your mind. But most of all, everything you've read about. You heart began to race, at just the mere thought of the thing being a creature from the north. Contrary to every other, dare you say rational person you've met, the northern creatures didn't scare you.

In fact, you found all the stories and rumors about them rather fascinating. And if it wasn't for the royal library, you had spend so many of your days in, you would never have known all the exciting facts about the unholy creatures, as the prioress liked to call them.

Slowly, you made your way down the long corridor, your breathing sounding way too audible in the complete silence. Your heart was slamming so hard against your ribcage, you wondered if you would faint before you even got to, what you decided to name, the thing.

Slowly, crouching down in front of it, you reached a shaky hand out, and gently poked it.

Crash!

You dropped your precious candle on the hard tile floor, instantly breaking it in two, causing the little flame to go out, leaving you alone in the dark.

"For gods sake.."

You angrily murmured, grabbing onto the thing with both hands, and turning it around, desperate to finally find out what it was.

The screech that left you, echoed loudly through the whole church, as you fell right back on your bottom, at the sight of the prioress, now dead, met your eyes.

"M-miss..?"

You carefully tried, shaking her, in hopes that she would wake up. The rational side of you, of course already concluding that she was dead, judging by her way too pale face.