twenty-six.

Jenn didn't know what she expected to find at the address she'd been given, but it certainly wasn't an abandoned warehouse. Then again, where better to hide the headquarters of a anarchist syndicate than a defunct glass factory? If nothing else, there was plenty of room.

While it may have looked derelict, Jenn saw right through the façade. She could sense electricity running through the ground. Millions and millions of volts. Enough to run the home base of one of the world's largest clandestine organizations. Jenn canvassed the entire factory, peering through skylights as she sought out the source of that current. Nothing. That could only mean one thing; the true facility was underground. Classic C.E.N.T.R.E.

After she performed her initial sweep, she slowly became aware of other, smaller blips of energy. "Cameras," Jenn muttered at the revelation. They already knew she was here, but that was no matter. She planned to walk through the front door anyway.

It didn't take much longer for Jenn to spot her welcoming party. A dozen figures stood in the middle of the lobby in the biggest building. They were just standing there, waiting. Alright, Jenn figured, might as well give them something to do.

One of the lights above the group was broken, giving her plenty of room to ease herself through. Jenn hadn't intended on making a dramatic entrance, she just didn't know where the doors were. She levitated slowly to the ground, steady gaze fixed on the enemy agents.

For their part, the C.E.N.T.R.E. troupe looked entirely unfazed. They didn't pay her any heed until she was in their line of sight.

A familiar face stood at the front. Though she was now wearing glasses and appeared to have embraced her natural grey, her smirk remained unchanged by time. Jenn recognized it from a hundred memories. She wanted to punch it off her face.

"It's been a while, XTS-141," the woman greeted.

"Dr. Craig," Jenn replied as evenly as she could. It involved forcing down a lot of bile. "You've shrunk."

Her smirk twitched a little on one side. "Appears you've gained a sense of humor during your time away," Dr. Craig noted. Not the only thing, Jenn wanted to say, but wisely kept her mouth shut. "And it also appears that you received our invitation."

"This would be very difficult to explain otherwise," Jenn deadpanned, keeping her stare level with Dr. Craig's. She felt a surge of pride when her opponent blinked first. "I've come to accept, by the way."

"Have you now?" Dr. Craig quirked an eyebrow. "Because we heard a rumor you intended to join S.H.I.E.L.D. and actively oppose us."

Jenn fought to keep her expression neutral. Well, that wasn't necessarily a lie...But this wouldn't be one either. "Does it look like I brought anyone with me?" She asked. She nearly crossed her arms, only to remember her training. Walled off body language was a sign of duplicity. Catching herself halfway, she placed her hands on her hips instead. That was a commanding, open stance. "Besides, what motive would I have to team up with them?"

"Retribution? For our actions against Dr. Sutton and the S.H.I.E.L.D. psychologist," Dr. Craig guessed.

They killed Dr. Ingram too? Jenn's heart stuttered. "Oh, my condolences," Jenn said eventually. "I remember how close you two were." The comment was worth it just to watch Dr. Craig's eye twitch. "But if you talked with Dr. Ingram, then you know what they did to me. After all that, who do you think I really want revenge on?"

"And your stint as a vigilante?" Dr. Craig pressed. The agents behind her looked poised to strike.

"Let's call that misplaced aggression," Jenn shrugged casually. "But muggers, vandals, and petty thieves are small stuff. I'm ready to take on bigger missions. Like the one you created me for."