4 AM

Max's P.O.V

Recently I had been struggling to sleep and if I did sleep I would end up waking up at 4 AM for no reason in particular. When I don't sleep I usually stare at the top of my tent for hours on end till it's about 4 AM and I get up and go sit at the end of the dock and dangle my feet in the water..some people have a fear of something mysterious lurking under the water but not me, nope I don't think anything lurks under the water of Lake Lilac although I've been proven wrong of that but I don't necessarily care if there were some killer shark or something that is a threat to a persons life because I don't fear death and I've been close to dying many times ...sadly I haven't felt the sweet embrace of it..yet.

~~~

David's P.O.V

I usually Lay on my bed in the counselors cabin wide awake waiting for the morning to come, So I can wake Gwen and the campers bright and early so they can all have a fulfilling day! Sometimes I get up from my bed to get a cup of coffee or just walk around and think about life in general! Tonight was one of the nights where I felt like walking around and thinking..it was about 4 AM so none of the campers should be awake... I walk out of the cabin and start to head over to the place where the campers, Gwen, and I usually have a camp fire...on my way there I spot Max at the end of the dock putting his feet in the water...which is..not an unusual sight, he is the one camper who has trouble sleeping and it makes me feel bad for him..every time I show the least bit of concern for him he lashes out spewing cuss words. Honestly I don't get it, Why lash out on someone who is only trying to make sure you are okay? Anyway I'm going to go make sure he is alright although I know he'll probably just get upset with me and call me an idiot or something of that nature..I begin walking over to the dock..I know Max can hear me walking up to him but he completely ignores the sound of me walking..I mean if I were I kid I'd be at least a bit scared if there were sounds of someone walking up to me at 4 AM(ish) but by now I know that Max really isn't that scared of anything or atleast he acts like he isn't. Anywayy back to the situation at-hand..
I sit down beside Max and look over at him I was about to say something to him but ..I soon realize that he is completely zoned out, he is staring at reflection of the moon on the lake..he must be thinking pretty hard.. I figure it's better to say something than just sitting there silently observing him..which would be odd..
"Hiya Max! Whacha thinking about?"
Max flinches..seeming a bit scared? Maybe not scared since he's never scared.. maybe he was just shocked? I mean I did say it a little bit loud in order to get him out of his zoned out state.
"DAVID! What the f-....i- uh i mean heck"
Heck? Max always swears! What's so different now?

"You Feelin' alright Max?"...
I could see Max think out his answer for a moment.. "I feel Fine, Campman" he said in a cold tone..
"Okay! Well are you excited to go home in a week or so?!" I said in an excited and happy tone...
"Suuure I am" Max rolled his eyes and began trying to zone out agian
I began asking more questions which was probably a bad decision because Max really doesn't like when I ask him questions..
"Are you going to come back next summer?" I asked in my normal happy tone.. Max now had a slight sad expression but I could tell he was trying to cover it up with a pissed off expression.. Max muttered something under his breath... i only caught part of it though and the part I heard him say was "if I'm still alive by then" Max then stood up and began walking into the woods.. I of course stood up and began following him, I easily caught up because his legs are super short and well Mine aren't. I stood in front of him in order to stop him from walking.. once he stopped I kneeled down to his level and said "Max...why would you...say something like that?"
I could tell that Max was getting mad.."Why the Hell. Do you. Care. David!"...I froze for a moment..."Because Max..You are a great person and-"..."F-H-FUCKING BULLSHIT DAVID!..ALL I'VE DONE THIS SUMMER IS BE A PEICE OF SHIT TO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE! IM A SHITTY FUCKING HUMAN BEING!..Get the fuck out of my face with your 'Your a great person blah blah blah I CARE ABOUT UR WELLBEING' Bullshit David.".. Max's Words were like venom. I couldn't believe he was talking about himself like this..and he usually doesn't have this short of a temper.."i- uh Max..What's.. this ..really about?..you don't seem like yourself right now."..i was filled with regret as soon as I said that. Max's face was getting noticeably red..with anger obviously..I could tell he was trying so hard not to go off on me and he didn't..he just stopped..he was still pissed but he wasn't yelling at me which was more than odd. "David..just. Just stop caring..and please for the love of god leave me the fuck alone" Max..just said Please..MAX JUST SAID PLEASE...what on earth is going on with him!? "Max I need to know if something is going on at home..ESPECIALLY if it threatens your life..please..I'm here for you"..Max just went around me and stopped for a moment "David. Thanks. For everything..but I'm fine" Max then continued walking into the woods..I stood with my mouth agape for what seemed like forever...what the HOOEY just happened?..Within the span of 10 minutes..Max said Please and Thanks...that was the weirdest thing that's ever happened at this Camp and some prettyyy weird things have happened.