chapter1

"Awwnn......"

My body felt heavy and languid. It might have been due to me staying up late last night to play games. Even opening my eyes felt tiresome. Although I wanted to continue sleeping, the light streaming in from the windows was dazzling, and I resignedly opened my eyes.

“Huh?”

This place was not my room that I was accustomed to.

A chandelier hung from the ceiling; on the south side wall was an atrium window. The bed I slept on was also not a single size bed but seemed big enough for two to three people to sleep upon. Additionally, it was so soft that my body seemed to sink into it. What was this? Amazing. It was so soft. This was my first time in such a bed!

“Eh? What, this hand……”

My hand that touched the bed felt out of place. No matter how I looked at this hand, it was not mine――not the hand of a 17 year old high school girl. It was at most the hand of a five or six year old child. I had an unpleasant hunch, so I tried touching my face. It was small, on the whole small. The legs protruding out of the bottom of my white negligee were also that of a child. Rather, negligee? Not pajamas?

I raised my body and looked at the face reflected in the windows. There was an unfamiliar five or six year old child reflected.

“W-what is this~~~!?”

When I screamed, the outside of my room became noisy. Women wearing maid uniforms came rushing in.

“Oh dear, Rosalind-sama!”

“You’ve woken up!?”

“Eh? Wha? Rosalind?”

Who was Rosalind!?

Somehow, looking at me, everyone was calling “Rosalind-sama” for some reason!?

No, I didn’t have such an European name! My name was an extremely normal Japanese person’s name!

“We must immediately inform madam!”

From there, hectic things proceeded.

Why things became like this, I frankly had no idea, but it seemed that the me right now was not a completely normal Japanese high school girl.

I was the daughter of a marquis in a country called the Kingdom of Amelia. My name was Rosalind Stanley. The Stanley family was the feudal lord of the Arch Territory on the border of the Kingdom of Amelia.

(Why……? Even though I was a normal high school girl who you could find practically anywhere! Even so, Rosalind Stanley in the Kingdom of Amelia…… I felt as if I remembered hearing that somewhere? Where did I hear it?)

Well, it was fine. More importantly than remembering, I had to deal with what was before my eyes.

”Aa, Rosalind! I’m so glad! Do you remember me?”

“U-um, who might you be?”

“Dear! Do you not remember your mother!?”