chapter3

“Rosalind-ojou-sama! Aah, wait!”

Reincarnation year 1. I threw out my embroidery and escaped from the room. The governess and maids chased after me, but I skillfully scattered them and headed toward my destination.

“Geez! As it is even though I’m on the watch out for my disastrous future, I don’t need to do things like small embroidery!”

Once I couldn’t see my pursuers’ figures, I spoke bitterly alone.

“Now, I’ll head to where onii-sama is.”

The Stanley marquis family’s residence was constructed in the middle of a fortress. Within the castle called Stanley Castle, there were buildings other than the residence: the employee quarters, training grounds, library, workshop, jail, arena, and other facilities.

“Because it’s uselessly big, I often got lost. But after spending a year, I of course got used to it.”

Marquis Stanley’s territory, the Arch Territory, was on the border facing the Kingdom of Valhalla. Thus, the Stanley marquis family was uniquely allowed to have a military force.

The chivalric order called the Arch Knight Order was its representative. It was made of mostly infantry, archers, and cavalry (horses・winged dragons). Although mostly filled with people from the knight class, in times of emergency, civilian conscriptions and mercenaries were also accepted. Apparently, commoners who earned merits of war were appointed the one generation long aristocratic peerage of knight.

Onii-sama received education and combat training from the Arch Knight Order inside the castle. On the other hand, I, the little sister, learned embroidery, painting, music, and language studies as well as household affairs――wholly a lady’s education so to speak.

Frankly speaking, I didn’t find it agreeable with my nature. The Rosalind who had been an archetypal noble lady had followed the road to a disastrous fate. Therefore, I wanted not to have a lady’s education but to receive equal education with my brother to become strong.

”Onii-sama~!”

When I rushed to the training grounds where onii-sama was receiving swordsmanship instruction, it just so happened that they seemed to be on break. Onii-sama scooped me up in his arms.

“Rosalin! You went against your instructions and came here today again? This kid can’t be helped!”

“But I was bored!”

“What were you doing today? Painting? Embroidery? You’re really bad at staying in your room obediently!”

“It’s better if I train together with onii-sama! Even indoors, I prefer studying with onii-sama!”

“Even though you’re a girl, you’re interested in combat and military affairs. If you’re like this, you won’t be able to be a wife.”

“That’s fine!”

Although onii-sama spoke as if scolding me, he didn’t turn me over. Thinking about the future, rather than receiving a lady’s education, I wanted to do practical things.