𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

「𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐲𝐧」

i stare at my mobile screen waiting for an answer. did he not love me. why wasn't he replying back. maybe the internet  connection is weak. yes that must be the reason. ashley comes and sits besides me, "corbs, you have been looking at the mobile screen for three hours. he isn't going to reply. come on it is the last summer we spend together. after that you will move away and join a university far away. come on let us go to the beach.

i had to make a decision. either to hopelessly wait for daniel or to be with his sister and enjoy the waves. he had to choose between daniel and his sister. and he chose his sister. "alright ash. get ready!, i said trying to sound cheerful. she nodded and got ready, so did i. leaving my phone on my table i drove to the beach along with my sister.

we stood along the shoreline as the waves washed our feet. ashley smiled, "lets go a little more deeper. there is no fun standing on the shore line" she said. i nodded and walked into the sea , the water drenching my upper body. soon a large splash of water hit my face. "ash", i chuckled. soon resulting into a long water fight.

after a little while we both walked back to the shore and sat in the sand looking at the horizon. "it is daniel seavey, isn't it", ashley finally spoke. "what are you talking about?", trying to sound oblivious. "you like him. don't you." she said staring at me. my gaze remained at the horizon. "no. i don't" i state. "you are lying" she said standing up, "you are right". i said blinking back tears. "do you want to build a sand castle?" she said in a song like tune. i laughed and nodded. we made the biggest sand castle that day.

as the sun began to set, we both grew tired and decided to head back home. "thank you for coming with me to the beach today corbs. it was amazing", she smiled. "i love you ash" i said kissing her forehead. after cleaning myself and taking a long bath, i head to my bed picking my phone up.

[ 2 new messages from daniel] 

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆