Chapter 3

I was walking home with Emma, because she practically begged for me to do so. She kept trying to hold my hand, in which I pulled my hand away. When we were close to octo-valley, she pulled me to a hidden area and pinned me against a wall, I couldn't get out. She smiled at me, and I said, "What are you doing!?" She then realized what she was doing and let me go. "I'm sorry Luke, I don't know what came over me..." She gave me her cute eyes, I had to forgive her. "It's OK..." I said back, "Why did you do that though?" She looked at the ground and said, "I have something to admit..." I tilted my head and said back to her, "What is it?" She looked back at me and said, "I l-" Suddenly an octoshot hit her square in the head and she got knocked out. I looked at Emma, then at where the octoshot came from, it was Taylor. She brushed back her tentacles and put her hands on her hips. "Where's my thank you?" she said to me. I looked at her then at Emma. "She's my friend..." I told her. Taylor just looked at Emma and said, "I saw her pin you up against a wall." I had to agree with that, "Fair point, what are you doing out of octo-valley?" She looked back at me and said, "I don't like it there, it's boring." "Well you can't stay here, you'll probably get killed." She checked if anyone was looking, then walked over to me and said, "Can I stay with you...?" I looked at her, "W-Well... you can't because my parents-" It seemed like she had her own cute eyes, so I couldn't turn her down. "Fine." I said, "You can stay with me." Taylor smiled at me, which made me smile. I looked in my bag and pulled out a little hockey mask a friend gave me, which I gave to Taylor. "Can't let them know you're an octoling." I said to her while she inspected the hockey mask. She looked at me then put the mask on. "How do I look?" she said while adjusting the mask. "It looks good on you." I replied, picking up my stuff. "Thanks." Taylor said as she finished adjusting the mask, "Where now?" "Follow me." I said as I walked in the direction of my house, Taylor following behind me.

Emma woke up and saw Luke with Taylor. She quickly got up then looked at the octoshot on the ground. "An octoling! My sweet Luke is going to get hurt!" She picked it up and ran back to her house.