Chapter 4

As I walked home with Taylor, I realized people were giving her weird looks. I look back at her and realize I forgot to cover her tentacles! I hand her a hat and mask, which she put on without hesitation, probably noticing all the attention she was getting. Soon after we got to my house, where I took a second to explain to Taylor what she should say when she meets my parents. "When I introduce you, just say hi, if they ask why you have the mask and hat on, just say that it's to protect you from any ink during battle, and you're just getting used to wearing the mask." Taylor nodded and followed me inside, where, surprisingly, there was no sign of my parents. "They're probably on a date or something." I said, looking at her while shrugging. She nodded and looked around, saying, "Octoling homes aren't this neat..." I start to giggle, and she looks at me like I made fun of her. "No no, it's not that, just wait until you get to my room, then you can decide how neat this house is." I say, trying to make sure she doesn't slap me. She let out a small giggle, and nodded, saying, "Where is your room then?" So I take her to my room, which had many chip bags on the ground, many crumbs accompanying them. Some dirty clothes were next to my unmade bed, and I leaned against the wall, looking at Taylor as if to say, "I told you." She laughed and looked at me with a smile on her face. It made me confused, any other girl, excluding Emma, would be disgusted at how messy my room was. Emma wouldn't care about the condition of my room even if you had to put on a clothespin to walk in without passing out. "Why aren't you disgusted?" I ask Taylor, still wondering why she wasn't disgusted at how putrid my room was. "My room is way worse." She said with a smile. I look at her as if that was a challenge and reply saying "You wanna bet?" It was clear that something was forming between the two of us, but I couldn't really make out what it was yet. "Anyways, what do you plan to do while you're here?" I ask with a smile on my face. She looks around the room, picking some clothes up off the floor and throwing them to the side to see if she can find anything. After around 3 minutes, she replied saying "What kind of games you got?" I smirk a little, replying in a voice that made me sound like a teen that just discovered weed for the first time. "As many as you probably want." She laughed at the voice I put on to make myself sound a little cooler, which made me turn red. I turned away from her, getting my games out, and preparing to play. "You gonna play or what?" I ask, trying to make her stop laughing. She continued laughing for half a minute before she calmed down, and nodded, sitting down and taking a controller.

Emma was running to the Crust Bucket, where Luke's parents were having dinner at. She had tried every other location, so this was the last place they could be. She frantically looked around, trying to find them, searching every single table to see if they were there, and soon, she did. Running up to them, out of breath, she said "Luke! He's... He's in trouble!" Luke's parents looked at her as if she was insane, but decided to listen anyway, with his mother replying "Did something happen at school? What did he do?" Emma shook her head, still out of breath from all the running, and yelled "Octoling! One took Luke, towards your house!" This got Luke's parents alerted, and they quickly got up, telling Emma to stay there and that they would take care of the problem. Emma was on the verge of tears, and clearly wanted to help, but nodded in agreement, watching them run off towards their house. Emma wiped her eyes and sat down, laying her head on the table. A boy walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She looked at him, still with tears in her eyes, and asked "What?" He pointed to the seat next to her and asked "This seat taken?" She looked at the seat he was pointing to and shook her head. The boy nodded and sat down in the seat, but seemed a bit concerned about how Emma was doing, so he asked "Hey, you alright?" Emma shook her head and wiped her eyes again. "What's wrong?" Asked the boy, concerned about her well-being. The girl sighed, deciding to give a clear answer, and said "My true love is in trouble, but all I can do is sit here and hope." She put her head down and actually started to cry this time. The boy put his arm around her and tried to comfort her by saying "I bet they're strong, and they can get themself out of their predicament." Emma stopped crying for a moment and looked at the boy, nodding. "Yea, he's a strong one, all right. Very strong." The boy smiled, "There we go, always think about the positives, and never the negatives. The negatives will keep us down, and hinder us from doing what we enjoy most in life. He may be in trouble, but he can get out of the trouble he's in, that's a positive." This little mini speech made Emma smile a little bit, and she decided to introduce herself. "I'm Emma..." she said with a slight smile. "Terrence," The boy replied, "but people call me T, so you can call me whatever you want to call me." T then held out his hand for Emma to shake. After a moment of hesitation, Emma shook his hand, smiling a little bit more, happy to have someone to keep her company in her darkest time.