Chapter 3

Amie's POV

'All I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah

Is somebody to you

All I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah

Is somebody to you

Everybody's trying to be a billionaire

But every time I look at you I just don't care

'Cause all I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be, yeah, yeah

Is somebody to you (yeah you!)'

I attempted to hit the high notes where Demi Lovato did to the line 'Is somebody to you' and as expected Ace cringed and started laughing. I joined him too not long after. Yeap. My singing sucks. Unlike what others think, I think it's a good asset to have. You know .. If you hate someone and want to torture them without going to jail, you can sing your heart out with your 'lovely' voice :)

"Amie I'm just surprised that it hasn't rained yet", he chuckled.

A drop of rain started to fall onto my nose. I looked up.

"I think you spoke too soon, Ace"

It started to pour heavily and we had to run to shelter. We're soaking wet. Even though I knew him for roughly 2 months, I could trust him to bring him to my apartment. I just can't see him sleeping in the rain.

"Follow me"

And as soon we reached my front door,

"Amie, it's ok. I can't go into your house."

I didn't bother answering him but I pushed him into my apartment.

"But-"

"Ace, you can stay here for the night since it's raining. You can sleep on the couch"

The studio apartment I live in is white with wooden vinyl flooring. My bed is against the window and the kitchen is about 2 metres to its right. I made 2 cup noodles after washing up.

After Ace was done with shower, I passed it to him.

"Woah! Cup noodles! I love these"

"Haha. Enjoy!"

I continued slurping the delicious curry flavoured noodles whilst chilling in my couch with a blanket on my lap. It was nyummy especially when is cold outside. It really makes my tummy happy.

"Thank you Amie... I really appreciate it"

I smiled in response. We finished the night with more singing until we heard someone yelling at us to shut up.