Chapter 4

"Amie, help me call the cleaning department to clean my office now. It's dirty."

5 minutes later

"Amie, get ready. I'm going to rehearse for my presentation"

After the rehearsal,

"Amie please help me throw out the trash. The cleaner forgot to do so. I'm going to give a feedback to the department"

"Amie help me order 'Ebi' Burger from Mc Donalds for my lunch. Thanks. "

Even though it's part of my job to assist him, it's a tiring job. I feel as if I am being pushed around to do things except that I was being paid while I'm at it. I shouldn't complain, though. Every jobs are like this. I should be grateful to know that he could rely on me thus why I am still hired as his personal assistant. Today, I worked till noon since he relieved me from my duty as he wants to be alone in the office while concentrating in his big presentation.

It's 2pm and I'm making chicken porridge with whatever ingredients I have in my kitchen.

Rice, water, chicken, salt, pepper and spring onions.

I added more water so that I could have more portions that could last me for at least 3 days.

'Mmmm'

It requires little ingredients but it tastes as good as it smells. As I was about to indulge in my second spoonful of diluted porridge, I heard a knock. I opened the door and well oh well. Ace.

"Yes? May I know who you're looking for?", I spoke with an English accent.

"I'm looking for a beautiful girl name Amie" He played along with my accent.

" Sorry she's not here"

I faked closing the door.

"Yeah right!"

He pushed the door then tickled my tummy which had me screaming in laughter. I'm very ticklish if you hadn't known that yet. I tried to push him away and honestly, he wouldn't bulge if he wouldn't want to.

'Sniff.Sniff'

"I smell food!"

He headed to the kitchen. I chuckled.

"I made porridge. You can have some."

He's always smiling whenever he hears and sees food. I'm not even kidding.

"Yummyyy"

"Come on. I know it's really watery and blend."

"Honestly, this is considered delicious compared to the foods I've had in the past."

I consider Ace as my best friend now. He always comes over to hang out and it's really fun whenever he's around.

Not once do I feel lonely when I'm with him. We're watching Z nation while we have our dinner on the sofa. I'm obsessed with zombie apocalyptic shows. It's thrilling and fun. If I were to ever be in a zombie apocalypse, I'd find 10K! Then again when I think about it... He got beat up by a girl and I don't think that I can rely on someone who can't defend himself without a gun. Ace shook his head during that scene and covered his face as he couldn't bear watching that part.

Hahaha.

"How's work, Amie?"

"The same"

"Mmm... What's wrong? "

I was brought back to reality. My emotions filled me and they were all over the place.

"I'm just tired of life. Everyday is the same thing. My dreams are so far fetched and everything revolves around money. I live pay check to pay check. If I want to save up money then I will have to starve some days and I just can't take it anymore! And - and I have no one I could count on", I sobbed.

I didn't breakdown as much now compared to before I met Ace. He distracts me from my negative thoughts.

Ace had his arms around me while stroking my hair. His embrace was firm yet gentle at the same time.

"It's ok. Shh..It's okay. Don't worry, Amie. You'll reach your dreams soon enough."

"I don't believe you"

"You'll see" He whispered.

I barely heard his whisper but I was too sad to ask him what he meant by that. He hummed and soon sang falling all in you by Shawn Mendes which calmed me. We stayed in that position for a while before I cut in and sang with my 'beautiful' voice.

He chuckled and tickled me.

"Smile baby girl. You look beautiful when you smile."

Baby girl? I tickled him in return with a smile. He laid on the sofa.

"Unlike you, I'm not ticklish. Wanna hear a lame joke, Mi-mi?"

"Mi-mi?"

"Yup. I'll call you mi-mi from now on. So, why can you not trust atoms?"

"Because they make up anything!"

xD

" Nice! Ok how about this."

Why do mushrooms get invited to all the best parties?"

I shrugged

"Because they're such fungis!"

?

"Fungis... Fun..Guys.. You're slow"

"Lameeeee"

"Mi-Mi, it is supposed to be lame. By the way, can we meet tomorrow at 7am? I'll come by here tomorrow."

Eh?

"Why so early? It's Saturday." I said with a pouty face.

"Wear something comfortable okay. See you." He said with a smile. He pat my head and left the apartment.

I sat there still looking at the door. You know what? On second thought, I'll find Ace instead of 10K if there's a zombie apocalypse. I feel safe when I'm with him. :)