The Murderer

September 1, 1347, Gongju-si

Dear Queen Jeon Seondeok,

       Once again comes the day of their death and this is the fifth anniversary since I had killed them, and my regrets remain as well — those innocent souls who had not done harm to you or your laws and regulations instead introduced happiness and love to your son.

                      In the dark well, he had been dead then along with their son. Yet as I had looked down deeper in, I had realized the four wide bulging eyes staring back at me like the only stars left hanging in the endless darks of the skies above. Two of those young and innocent while the other two experienced yet gentle, ferocious yet pure — shining bright.

               I came to Gongju-si hoping that if I traveled far and away from Jeonggae, I could escape the piercing and threatening memory of both the ethereal yet dead creatures who had completed your son's heart. Despite my long distance from Jeonggae, I can horrifically still hear their loud wails echoing in my mind. The moment the color drained from their skins, the blood curling screams and their last cries disappeared with their eyes bulging out — it had given me a clear statement of their death.

             But why does it feel like something passed from them to me? Clinging to my body and seeping into my skin all the way into my heart, making me feel uneasy and uncomfortable of the tight seize. As if now I have to live with this burden which has shaken me so badly. I had been all ready, had planned to kill them in the forest at the right crack of midnight, dump them into the almost dried well and head on over to you for the money as I claimed my job done.

       Although, as I waited to feel a sort of their disappearance from this world, it never came. Almost like instead of falling down they flew back upwards. The incident always brings me to a sense of dread and horror and I throw up. 

  The reason my letter is lately written and posted to you is because of me healing which has never happened after the eternities of my wait  because killing the pure souls was one of the worst and harsh mistakes I have ever performed in my life.

    May jealousy and loneliness fade away from your life, may you always wish the best for others, May peace and love be gifted to you someday by heavens if you are worthy of it. Since, the cause of their death not being death gives me a message that a revenge is on its way. Beware.

Yours truely,

The Assassin.