Chapter 4: Setting The Trap

[7:02AM - Eddie's Room]

"(Y/N), (Y/N) wake up!!" You and Eddie both awoke to a panicked (F/N) shaking the bed.

"Jesus, (F/N) what's wrong with you?" Eddie yawned.

"The better question is what time is it?" you asked groggily.

"No, the better question is this: What the hell happened to your apartment?" As they held up their phone, you gasped in horror at the picture on the screen. What was left of your front door laid in the hall as well as the stuffing to several cushions that once decorated your couch. "Brandon just sent me these, he said he went to check on you but freaked out after seeing the mess."

"I knew having you stay here was a good idea." Eddie commented as he took the phone. As he scrolled through the carnage, one picture stood out from the rest. "Hang on, is this your bedroom?"

"Yes, but it hasn't been touched. The sheets are still a mess but it's not trashed, why?"

"Look at the dresser though, were those drawers open when you left?"

"...No."

"And look at the bed," (F/N) zoomed in on the picture "someone was laying in your bed after they decided to trash the place. How can I tell? Some of the stuffing from the cushions is laying on the pillow."

"You know what, Cole actually called her last night. He said he stopped by to check on her, guess he let himself in since there was no answer...(Y/N)? Hey, (Y/N)?"

"(Y/N), what's wrong? Say something, you're starting to worry them." Eddie and Venom tried to reach out to you. Without a word you stood up and went to the living room.

"(Y/N), you scare me when you get quiet like this. I know this isn't the best thing to wake up to, I-I just felt like you needed to see this."

"I can't...I can't deal with this right now." you finally spoke, your quivering voice worrying them.

"(Y/N)--"

"I've been through meteor showers and earthquakes, and yet...this shit is too much for me!"

"(Y/N) calm down, yelling won't help." Venom tried to comfort you.

"How else can I cope with this?! I just learned that my boss not only has a crush on me, but he's stalking me! He probably ransacked (Y/N)'s place too! Better yet, why did it have to be me?"

"What?"

"Did I stutter?! Why me, why my apartment, why is all of this happening to me?!" you asked breathlessly, falling to your knees as you started to sob. (F/N) was quick to get on their knees to hug you. Eddie pitifully stared at both of you as you continued to cry.

"I've been there before," Eddie spoke up, sitting next to you "trust me when I say I know what this feels like. You're scared, you feel like things have spiraled out of your control, but you know what the real kicker is? You're mostly afraid for the ones you love, especially when they try to help you."

"Like you know that feeling..."

"Did you forget I was his host first?" he asked you in a serious tone, making you regret your comment "Not many people know this about me so brace yourself. Before I met you I was in love with someone else, someone I was going to marry."

"Oh, I...I guess she didn't take all of this too well, did she?" you asked, knowing he would shake his head in response "What was her name?"

"Her name was Annie, but then I did something stupid to advance my carrer."

"What did you do?"

"I betrayed her trust," he sighed, "the worst part is when I fell I dragged her down with me. I bet that's how you feel with them, taking down your best friend."