Chapter Eight: Truly a Miracle

The doctor came in to check how far dilated I was. Knox continued to hold my hand as I kept grunting in pain at the constant contractions I kept having.

"Six inches," the doctor said. "As much as you might just want to lay down the whole time I would actually suggest walking around to speed this process up a bit." He then got up from the spiny rolling chair and left the room to me and Knox once again.

"I'll help you up."

"I don't wanna get up—UUARGH!" Pushing my head back I whined as another contraction came "Alright help me up"

Knox smiled and helped me walk around the room for a bit stopping when the pain came back. As we were walking around the room Knox kept grabbing his stomach with his other hand and groaning in pain himself

"Knox...Are you...?"

"I think so..."

Joy filled my body as I smiled ear to ear at the thought of us giving birth around the same time. The joy I was feeling was quickly replaced with excruciating pain once again.

Man, this little miracle seriously hates me...

The doctor came back in and I told him about Knox being in labor as well. His face was shocked, overjoyed, and entertained at the fact the both of us were most likely going to have our little miracles back to back.

A few doctors hauled in a bed for Knox to lay on and placed him on the bed. As we were getting ready to finally see our babies we held each others' hand and never let go.

⬛️◼️◾️▪️▫️◽️◻️⬜️

"Alright Brooks one more push!"

"AAAUUUGH!" I screamed pushing my final time.

The sound of a baby's cry filled the room, filling my ears with happiness.

⬛️◼️◾️▪️▫️◽️◻️⬜️

September first at six-fifty pm baby Miracle Knox Wolen was born.

September First at ten-fifteen pm baby Miraculum Brooks Wolen was born

Our children were finally given to us and we lay there shirtless with our babies napping on our chests, smiling at each other for what we brought into the world.

After a bit of holding our babies and feeding them we swapped babies to see the one that grew outside our stomach.

Yes I know naming our children both after the word miracle is weird but we couldn't think of anything that worked better for these two.

"This is truly amazing," I said rocking Miraculum

"Yeah, it truly is," Knox replied

⬛️◼️◾️▪️▫️◽️◻️⬜️

Yeah, I know another short chapter sorry and sorry for not updating yesterday. My internet was working for shiz. Miraculum's name is Miracle in Greek I think...

Few questions:

1. Would you consider these two twins or not?

2. how do you feel knowing that Brooks was practically saying their names from the very beginning?

3. Do you like that their middle names are the opposite parents' name?

If you enjoyed please comment, vote, add to library, and follow! Have a nice day!