Chapter Nine-Past

I walked into the lab and saw the sceptre on display, on the other side was Tony necking a bottle of vodka that he kept in the lab for emergencies.
"So she gave you a vision, huh?" I asked while stepping in, the door closing behind me automatically.
"I knew you could tell" He said whilst sitting on a chair.
I pulled the chair over to him, to sit in front and sat down. I looked to the bottle then grabbed it out of his hand, taking a mouthful.
"If anyone drinks, it's going to be me" I said with a small grin.
Tony chuckled halfheartedly. It was silent for a few minutes until he spoke up.
"She made me see the whole team dead. Bodies piled up. We were in space, the Chitauri were escaping to Earth," he took a pause to snatch the vodka back, "I checked Cap's pulse and he grabbed my arm and said...'you could've saved us"

I rubbed his leg sympathetically as we both sat and drank.
"So i've said mine, what's she made you see?" He asked.
"Good incentive to know she made me see something. Well...it was a vision of the first man i killed.How i killed him when he pleaded, saying he had a child and the child didn't have a mother. She made me see the child, blaming me as i made it an orphan. One of the ways it made me realise Hydra were pure evil," I said with a shrug, "but i'd have more to lose now"

Time Skip
After necking the rest of that bottle and another and another, i left Tony to do whatever he wanted. I wandered to the sick bay, knowing Nat was there. I was slightly buzzed.
"Natasha" I called as i entered the room where Clint was recovering.
They were sat talking until they stopped when i entered.
"Are you drunk?" Clint asked with an underlying grin.
He loved seeing me drunk, especially when i made hard work for Nat.
"Lightly buzzed" I waved off, stumbling to Nat and sitting on her knee.
"Oh God, did being alone with Tony for half an hour do that much damage?" She asked with a grin.

Natasha's POV
I smiled as Everlyn nuzzled into my neck. Her breath smelled strongly of vodka and it reminded me of how much of a light weight she was. I wrapped my arms around her waist to her back to get comfortable.
"You two are made for each other" Clint said with a smile.
I heard her breath even out as she fell asleep, rolling my eyes.
"I suppose...although i regret not looking for her" I said with a small shrug.
"I think it's worked out well anyway" He said.
I nodded and decided to leave, giving him some time to sleep off his injury.

"Wake up Everlyn" I mumbled into her ear softly.
She stirred slightly and groaned. Lifting her head, i coaxed her off my knee. I immediately wrapped an arm around her waist so she didn't fall and injury Clint more.
"Have fun" He chuckled evilly as i rolled my eyes.
We walked off towards my room, where she resides most of the time we've been here anyway.
"You know...you're so pretty" She slurred as we entered the room.
I hummed in acknowledgment before helping her onto the bed. Her arms flung around my neck and pulled me on top of her on the bed.
"Nat-asha...I love you, you know? Like...a lot. I wish you were my friend? Girl...friend" She giggled.
"I am, you big idiot" I said whilst chuckling.
"You...you are?" She asked then tears filled her eyes.
"Oh darling..." I mumbled and kissed her.

After half an hour of sloppy kissing and crying breaks, i managed to get her to sleep. How we started off by going on a mission and resulted in this, i had no idea. Her arms were around my waist as she slept soundly. I knew she'd be an absolute delight tomorrow with a hangover.

Time Skip
Everlyn's POV
I woke up to a pounding headache, like someone was using a drill in my skull.
"Oh God" I whined.
Natasha popped her head from around the bathroom and smiled.
"Morning sleeping beauty" She teased.
I rolled over and buried my head into the pillow. Vodka was not good for me.
"Why in God's good name did i drink vodka?" I asked.
"Because you're an idiot babe" Nat sang teasingly.

It took another 20 minutes for me to actually get out of bed and get changed. I grabbed some sunglasses from my nightstand and put them on, the room being to bright. I walked out and into the kitchen, seeing Natasha, Steve and Tony in there.
"You look great" Tony said even though he had bags under his eyes himself.
"Vodka...fucking vodka" I seethed.
The three of them laughed as i rolled my eyes. Steve handed me a coffee since he felt slightly sympathetic.
"How can you survive?" I asked, my question directed towards Tony.
"I drink it so much i barely notice now" He shrugged off simply.

The next few days went by in a bit of a blur. Nothing exciting seemed to happen. Tony and Bruce were working on getting some readings on the sceptre while the rest of the team had been unwinding. Before we had found Loki's sceptre, we had been raiding Hydra bases non stop so it was nice to get a break. Tonight we were planning on drinking a lot tonight as Stark was throwing a party.
"You look pretty" I complemented Nat as she finished her finishing touches on her outfit.
She was wearing a black, short dress with a white jacket over the top. I had a pink dress that had a clear back going slightly further down.
"As do you" She said.
I wrapped my arms around her waist and looked at our reflections in the mirror.
"Let's go get wasted" I mumbled while kissing her neck.