Forever

Coleman's POV

I didn't anticipate anything... nothing like this. Levi's escape, Hanji and Loki's disappearances... none of this. I've been searching for years already, and I had to give up. Everyone gave up on me. Why? I've been obsessing over this whole entire thing. Sometimes... there are things people must give up on to keep living. For me, it was this case. The Ackerman case. 

This case had me obsessing with Levi Ackerman and his lover, Hanji Zoe. First started with murders around her... and suddenly, small things popped up all over the place. I started to piece together the whole picture... but it's just sad to know I had it in my grasp and had to let go. I should've went looking for them, but it was too late.

The tracks ran cold and they were out of sight. Soon enough... we were left with nothing. I bet other cases than this were easier. They weren't dealing with some obsessed guy... and they certainly never dealt with this sort of person. I wish I knew what it was to keep him calm. I wish I knew what it was to keep others safe. But I guess we can't get everything right, am I right? Either way... they're gone. Gone from my grasps. They're gone. Hanji, Levi, Loki... all gone...

*   *   *

Hanji's POV

"Calm down, Loki." I sighed, seeing him fidget in his school uniform. I hated hiding, but if it meant for me to stay with Levi and Loki... I'll go with it. I smiled gently towards my only son... for he looked so much like Levi.

"But Mom...!"

"Listen to your mother." Levi says gently, wrapping his arm around my waist. I felt him lean close onto me, almost breathing my scent in. "Loki, understand?"

He nods his head, "O-Okay..." And suddenly, he stopped fidgeting. It's sad... to know he's just like his father. Emotionless and scared. Empty and nothing in his heart. I simply do hope he does find someone to make him happy- without murder.