Chapter 14

That night I had a dream of the day my little brother died. (Actually it was kinda like a flashback.) Which was also the day when I became the mom of my mother. She shut everyone out even her own daughter.

Dream

"So are you coming home with me today?" Cheyanne asked.

"Duh first day of summer is tomorrow!! Gotta spend it with my best Friend!" I yelled

"Jasmine....Cheyanne be quiet!" Mrs. Bolden said.

"Yes ma'am." I said

I kept looking at the clock it's was 3:20 school ended in six minutes. Come on why cant time go faster! It needed to be summer already. Ring!!!!! Finally I'm a 8th grader. Top dog!

"You ready!?" Cheyanne yelled.

"Yeah! Let me go get my clothes out of my locker." We ran to my locker and went around the front of the school to wait for her mom. I saw a police car pull up in front of us. I got scared. "Are you jasmine and Cheyanne?" He asked

We both nodded.

"I need you to get in the car with me."

We drove for 10 minutes until I realized where we were going. We were going to the Tyler hospital. I got nervous and looked at cheyanne. She was pale in the face to.

"Why are we here?" I spoke up.

"I wanted to wait until we got in but you both deserve to know. So your mother amber

was going to pick up your brother Ashton. Well as they pulled out onto the highway a drunk driver slammed into the passenger side. Your mother is in unstable conditions. But your brother he he he he." The cop shuddered.

"He what!?" I screamed tears coming down my face.

"He was killed instantly."

"Is my ok is she awake?"

"No she is in a comma. Unresponsive to anything." He said bluntly.

I slammed the door open once he stopped the car. Cheyanne not far behind me. I ran to the elevator pressing level 4 for trauma center. Cheyanne barely made it before the doors closed. We waited in silence. The doors finally dinged open.

I ran out of the elevator and looked on the wall for the name of patients. "Amber Brightwell room 355" it read. I ran down the hallway slamming through the door. My mom wasn't in there. Just a nurse.

"We're the hell is my mom?!" I yelled at her.

"She is in surgery. Now come sit over her and calm down." The nurse said gently pushing me over to the pull out bed in the wall. Cheyanne laid on the couch that was in the room. We waited for what seemed like hours.

My mom was finally brought back and for 2 weeks she was in a comma.

When she woke up she heard the news about Ashton. I was the one that had to tell her too.

She didn't eat or drink or shower for weeks. I had to change her and eventually spoon feed her. She shut me out. She acted as if I was only another nurse.

Dream ends

There were tears streaming don my face. I couldn't do it I can't go to my moms funeral. It was Friday and her funeral was tomorrow. I couldn't do it. Why did I have a like this?

Then I started not wanting a life at all. Maybe I should............