dueling club

Rebecca's pov

The morning after the Quidditch match everyone was rather depressed after catching word of Colin Creevey being petrified. Having enough of the muggleborns being threatens we got to work on a Polyjuice option to try and find out if it was Malfoy opening the chamber. Harry's bones had completely grown back and we were all walking by the entrance hall together when we noticed a rather large crowd of people.

"They're starting a dueling club! First meeting tonight! I wouldn't mind dueling lessons, they might come in handy one of these days." Seamus said.

"What, you recon Slytherin's monster can duel?" Ron said.

"It could be useful, do you wanna go?" I asked as the four of us headed to the great hall for dinner.

"It could definitely come in handy." Hermione said.

"It could be good for confronting Malfoy." Harry said.

"Then its settled, the four of us will go to dueling club." I said.

Time skip

When we arrived in the great hall for dueling club that night the dining tables had been replaced by a golden candlelit stage. The majority of the school had gathered with their wands excited for the club to start.

"I wonder who will be teaching us. Someone told me Flitwick was a dueling champion when he was younger, maybe it'll be him." Hermione said.

"As long as its not *groans*" Harry said as Lockheart walked on stage followed by snape.

"Oh no, Snape and that faker Lockheart." I groaned.

"Gather round! Gather round! Can you all hear me? Can you all see me? Excellent!" Lockheart said. "Now, professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club. I'll train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves like I have done on countless occasions - for more details see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He told me he has a tiny little bit of experience dueling himself and has kindly agreed to help me with a little demonstration before we begin. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry - You'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him, never fear."

"Wouldn't it be good if they finished each other off?" Ron said to us.

The two professors turned to face each other and bowed before brandishing their wands like swords.

"As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position." Lockheart said." On the count of three we will both cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill of course."

"I wouldn't bet on that." Harry said.

"One - two - three!" Lockheart exclaimed.

"Expelliamus!" Snape called as they both swung their wands over their shoulders.

A brilliant scarlet light shot from Snape's wand and blasted Lockheart off the stage and into the wall. He slid down the wall and then laid sprawled out on the ground causing the Slytherin students to cheer.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares?" Harry, Ron and I asked.