Polyjuice and cats dont mix

Rebecca's pov

Justin Finch-Fletchy as well as sir Nicholas had been petrified and the Christmas break was upon us. People couldn't have booked tickets out of there quicker, everyone was extremely scared after everything that's happened. On Christmas morning Hermione woke me up early and thrusted a Christmas present into my arms.

"Thank you Hermione." I said.

"You're welcome. I'll go wake up the boys." Hermione said before leaving our room.

I got changed before heading downstairs where I waited for the others before we began opening presents. I had gotten luxury eagle feather quill from Hermione, a hand knitted lilac jumper with a pink 'R' on it from mum along with a large plumb cake, a tin of treacle fudge from Hagrid, a book on Quidditch from Charlie and a prank kit from Bill. Fred and George had left me some fireworks with a note about using them for some elaborate prank.

Time skip

We were in moaning Myrtle's bathroom finishing off the Polyjuice potion.

"I'm sure I've done everything right." Hermione said. "It looks like the book said it should. Once we've drunk it we'll have exactly an hour before we change back into ourselves."

"What now?" Ron asked.

"We separate it into three glasses and add the hairs." Hermione replied.

"Three!? What about 'becca!?" Ron asked.

"I couldn't find anyone to transform into so I'll be waiting here as backup." I explained.

Hermione and I then separated the potion into three glasses before handing two of the glasses over to the boys. The three of them added the hairs I to the glasses.

"Hang on, we'd better not all drink them in the same stall. Once we turn into Crabbe and Goyle we won't fit and Millicent Bulstrode's no pixie either." Harry said.

"Good thinking, we'll all take separate stalls." Ron said.

The two boys left the stall to drink the potion while I stayed with Hermione in the stall.

"Drink up." I said.

Hermione looked disgusted and full of dread as she put the glass to her lips. I couldn't help but laugh at her face of disgust as she downed the potion. She bent over looking as if she were going to be sick, I pulled her hair away from her face just incase. I was rather shocked when cat ears grew from her head and her face became covered fur.

"Hermione, is that supposed to happen?" I asked.

"Is what supposed to happen?" Hermione asked confused.

"Its just... well... you look like a cat." I said.

"What!? Oh no." Hermione said.

"C'mon, we need to go!" Harry said.

"I- I don't think I'm going to come after all, you go without me." Hermione said.

"Hermione, we know Millicent Bulstrode's ugly but no ones going to know its you." Ron said.

"No - Really - I don't think I'll come. You two hurry up, you're wasting time." Hermione said.

"Hermione, are you okay?" Harry asked.

I slipped out the stall door making sure to block Hermione from view. I began pushing the two boys towards the bathroom's exit.

"Out! She's fine! You only have an hour now go!" I said.

"Geez, we're going." Ron said.

Time skip

When the boys got back they had completely transformed back into themselves.

"How did it go, is it Malfoy?" I asked eagerly.

"No, he doesn't know either." Harry replied.

"So this was all for nothing then?" I asked.

"No, I found out you need to avoid Malfoy like the plague." Ron said.

"I already planned on it but why say that now?" I asked.

"We found out Malfoy likes you." Harry said. "Like, really likes you."

"Burn me, I'd rather die than have that slime ball crushing on me." I said.

"I'd rather die than let that slime ball have a crush on you." Ron said.

"Oh right, we need to get Hermione to the hospital wing." I said.

"Why, what happened?" Harry asked.

"There was a slight mix up with the potion." I said. "Come on out Hermione."

She walked out of the stall looking down at her feet. Ron jumped back at the sight of her.

"It... it was cat hair. Millicent Bulstrode must have a cat and the potion isn't supposed to be used on animals." Hermione said.

"Come on, lets get going." I said as I took my cloak off and draped it over her to try and cover her cat like features a bit more.

"Thanks." Hermione said quietly as she practically covered her whole face with my cloak.

I grabbed her hand and began leading her out of the bathroom with Harry leaving before us and Ron following behind us. We were lucky Madam Pomfrey doesn't ask questions or else we would be in a lot of trouble for making that potion.