Intro

Intro

"Captain, please reconsider. There's no way I'll be able to work with her. She's reckless, she doesn't follow orders, and she's a danger to the operation. Bounty hunters will sell out anything for the right price. What makes you think we can trust her?"

"I'm not asking you to trust her. I'm asking you to trust me."

"I do. But I don't need her, Captain, I'm perfectly capable of doing this on my own..."

Maize Ember is the most cunning and most feared Bounty Hunter in all of New York City, she's ruthless. But she's the best. She can take down any criminal, she can fight any bad guy, and most importantly, she does not take crap from anyone. Not even Alec West, the top ranked detective at the precinct and he unspoken competitive rival.

But when a new case comes to light, and Alec and Maize find themselves going on a high risk mission, together, they can't believe it. Together they must protect a long ago friend of Alec's, an undercover cop that holds valuable information that could bring down the Crime Syndicate that has been terrorizing the streets of New York for years. Can they put their distasteful feelings towards each other aside for the sake of the mission?

Alec doesn't think he can trust anyone.
Maize doesn't trust anyone.

What will the two do when they realize they stumbled into something much bigger than themselves—and that an old ghost from Maize's past might be back to haunt them both?

• • •
A/N
This is the NEW rewritten version of this story, as I was only around 13 when I wrote the first draft. This version contains a ton of new scenes, new histories, old and new characters, and a ton of new plot twists!!
I hope you all enjoy this new edited version—hope it looks like I totally knew what I was doing the whole time XD

Now for the little note:

I tend to be careful with my grammar and all, but undoubtedly there will be those little mistakes that I might have missed. So if it bothers you, just tell me and I will make sure to correct it ASAP.

This is my own original story, if there are any out there on Wattpad that share a similar plot line or similar features, that is entirely coincidental.

Please don't copy this story, I'd be flattered that you like my work enough to want to, but copying it is just wrong. So DON'T DO IT.

Also, please refrain from using offensive language against me or my story, if you have something mean to say—well I got news for you—DON'T.

However, comments and complements on my story are fully welcome and appreciated. If you would like to offer some constructive criticism, feel free to private message me on Wattpad.

Now I think I've said everything I needed to, so if you got this far, thank you for actually reading this.

Enjoy! ;)

Always welcome to editors!