Chapter 3

Ink jumped through a portal into Haventale. He had managed to wound Nightmare quite a bit and the dark Sanses and Error had run away, leaving him with a bit of time to check up on what Haven had told him. If there really was another person like him, that would be amazing.

Then he would have someone to help him create AUs and fend off the dark Sanses and Error.

"Hello, Haven!" Ink called out when he spotted the skeleton. He was currently talking with someone and looked up, waving and smiling brightly, clearly happy to see him. The person he was talking too looked a lot like Ink.

Vigour had been talking with Haven when someone jumped into the room they were in and he jumped in surprise, staring at the newcomer.

Vigour's eyes widened when he saw Ink. Haven had been right. Not only had Ink the same name as him, he looked like him. Except for a few differences. Ink's eye lights seemed to change shape and colour every time he blinked. He wore a slightly different coloured pallet in his sash and he had a large paintbrush strapped to his back. Vigour could also see something like black tattoos on Ink's neck, probably trailing to his body too.

The same face but... different.

Vigour raised a hand and waved shyly. "Hello there. I'm guessing you're Ink?"

Ink looked at the one who looked like him but also not curiously before a wide smile took over his face.

"Yeah. I'm Ink." Ink replied, smiling brightly as he approached the other skeleton. He couldn't wait to tell this skeleton about all of his creations and create something with him. He was sure the other was very creative. He held out his hand for the other to shake.

Haven watched them and took a few steps back, not wanting to be in the way.

Vigour smiled back just as brightly and shook his hand. He could feel excitement radiating off of Ink making he himself a little excited. It was contagious. Well, at least to him.

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm Vigour." he said politely with a bright smile.

"Haven told me a lot about you! And he's been real kind to me since I arrived!" he added when he realized that Haven had taken a few steps back. It honestly upset him a bit. He didn't want anyone to be left out. Besides, Haven had treated him so well these past few days. The least he could do was put a good word to Ink.

Ink shook his hand with a bright smile. He could see the other look a bit excited. Yes! He was as pumped as him.

"Nice to meet you too." Ink responded. He wondered why this Ink called himself Vigour.. Maybe because he had a vigourious creativity?! That would be awesome!

Haven flushed slightly when the attention was directed at him. He seemed to act a bit differently around Ink than normal. He seemed awed and like he didn't feel himself worthy of Ink's presence.

"i did what i could..." Haven mumbled quietly.

Vigour smiled and let go of Ink's hand, turning his skull to look at Haven with a gentle smile when he spoke.

"Well, I still thank you. If you hadn't saved me I would've been iced." he winked at the subtle pun. Okay, puns weren't his forte. But he tried. He could feel something coming off of Haven, beyond Ink's enthusiasm. But he couldn't identify what. He was an empath, not a mind reader.

Haven chuckled slightly, his reaction much more mellow than when Vigour normally made puns. He looked away after a second.

Ink tilted his head slightly, not getting why Haven was laughing a bit. Then it clicked and he frowned slightly. He didn't really like puns despite being a Sans. He had to deal with too many and after a while they got boring and annoying.