Part Three: Ending

Sunlight lazily lapped at Izzy's cheeks and closed eyelids, making him wake up. He yawned softly, forgetting for a moment where he was. Then Axl shifted slightly in his sleep. Izzy realized his head was on the singer's bare chest. He hesitated, then looked up slightly at the snoozing man.

The sunlight caressed Axl's gingery hair, making it glisten a deep red color. For a moment a strange feeling coursed through Izzy and he wanted to just close his eyes and snuggle into the older man's side. The toddlers ruined it though.

"Unkle Izzy!" Axi said brightly.

"Hello." Izzy said, knowing he was probably blushing a bright red color. He twisted out of Axl's protective arm and sat up. "Don't look at me like that son," He added almost in embarrassment. "Your uncle and I were just sleeping that's all."

Both toddlers stared. Although Izzy doubted they understood he still felt like he had to defend himself.

"Look we both had a rough night and I admit I was a little scared and your father Axi was being nice-"

"What are you doing?" Izzy jumped a mile and looked at the smiling singer.

"Well...what does it look like I'm doing, Ax?"

"It looks to me like you're talking to two kiddos who probably don't have a clue to what you're saying." Axl grinned. Izzy felt himself blush even harder than he already was.

"I-they looked confused-so-" Axl's smirk made him stutter. "Shut up." Izzy finally said weakly. Axl chuckled softly and got out of bed.

"We've got a lot to do so let's get dressed and get going." Axl said yawning. Izzy only nodded and watched helplessly as Axl picked Axi up. "That means you dress your own son, Izz," Axl added when he saw his friend's reluctance. "I'll help you raise Izzy Jr but you will have to do some things on your own."

Axl took Axi into the bathroom, leaving Izzy alone with his son. Izzy and Izzy Jr stared silently at each other. Izzy Jr met his father's eyes for a moment then quickly looked away. Feeling a pang of guilt Izzy strode over to Izzy Jr. The toddler actually attempted to hide as Izzy plucked him from his crib.

"I'm not going to hurt you son calm down," Izzy said softly. Despite his gentleness his son was still tense in his arms. Izzy sighed and dressed his son.

Christ why should I even bother sometimes....he's terrified of me and nothing I can do will change it.

Izzy Jr finally relaxed after Izzy held him for a while. Izzy gave his son a rare smile as the toddler snuggled into his arms.

"I love you kiddo. Don't ever forget that," Izzy said, kissing his son on the head. Izzy Jr gave him a tiny smile. Izzy sat on the bed as he waited for Axl. The timid toddler in his arms breathed steadily.

Jesus that scares me sometimes....to know I have to care for someone who needs me...to know this living, breathing child depends on possibly the most irresponsible band mate here in Guns...

Izzy Jr didn't understand his father at all. Sometimes his father loved him and sometimes he hated him. Izzy Jr hid his face in his father's chest. The toddler felt Izzy's hand rest on the back of this head. The toddler smiled to himself, happy that his father was at least holding him.

"Ready Izz?" Axl asked, walking out. Izzy began to say yes when it occurred to him they were still in their night clothes.

"How about we get dressed first?" Izzy asked with a smile. Axl blinked, then looked down.

"Oh right...I forgot..."

Axl started to reach for the car keys but Izzy took them. Axl stared at his friend. Izzy's face looked ok other than the blood stains from the broken nose.