Chapter 1 - 《The day [...] was a strange day》

'But I know he's innocent.' A vibrant, sad voice sounded like rainspots. 'He would never, ever do something like that.'

Cold airblasts were getting into the building of the Armed Detective Agancy by a barely unseales window. The Sun, almost covered by blinds, was trying to squeeze through into the room, in this chilly, summer morning.

Kunikida was silently listening to the words of a client. When they were over, he spoke up, gently, carefully picking his words:

'Mrs Tokamoto... the evidence against your husband are uncostested. As the only solustion, I see that he is really the culprit.'

'Please!' The woman almost screamed, not letting him finish. 'I'm sure, you will find the truth. That's why you're here. To help the innocent. To provide justice.

***

Dazai licked his lips, pink of a raspberry coctail. After a while, Kunikida came into the office. Until that time there were only two people in it.

'Huh?' Osamu growled curiously.

'《Huh》? I guess you wanted to ask what kind of case do we have.' The edgy collocutor dressed him down.

'What kind of case do we have?' Tanizaki interrupted with seriousness and impatience.

'Try to guess.'

'A person, close to someone arrested recently with strong evidence, totally sure about their innocence, is asking us to clear them from charges, allthough almost everything is adding up against them and the circumstances are like we have nothing to get grip?' Tanizaki asked innosently. When the collocutor chimed in, he dropped his gaze and lowered. 'That's our fourth case that sort.' He said. 'And it's right after Ango got accused of the escape of the govermental informations and disapeared.'

'Something is literally going on.' Kunikida said siriously and with a little bit of anger. 'We'll keep our prioroties, but we'll take care of everyone. I'll take a look what we've written up about it in the figures.'

He went to a drawer and opened it. Then he suddenly frowned from surprise. He quickly looked into another one. And several more...

'Dazai... Tanizaki...' He said slowly, lost. 'Where are all the figures?'

They both looked at him surprised.

'Check the com.' Dazai said.

Kunikida sat in front of the computer.

'Everything is...' He said quietly and suspiciously. 'But it's been copied.'

'What!?' Tanizaki almost screamed from anxiety. 'You're saying that someone broke in here, stole the paper figures, copied the electronic and no alarm turned on, and none od us noticed anything?'

Their conversation ceased the door, opened suddenly with a bang. Atsushi got in through it, instantly shouting:

'Kyouka is gone!!'

He met terror in three couples of eyes.

'What do you mean by 《is gone》?'

'She's gone! Disapeared. She's not in the flat, she doesn't answer my phonecalls, as she's not in here, that means it's time to worry!'

Kunikuda almost entered his word, with deadly, mysterious voice:

'Did she go to the milice office?'

He turned the monitor, so everyone could see. There was a video from a security camera, showing a milicemen getting killed by Kyouka. With the Snow White Demon.

'Get everyone, we're going!!!'