sixteen

College started. I felt sick. I don't know if it was because I missed Anthony and we were farther away or I was actually sick.

My classes were easy. I got the hang of things and time management. My apartment was cute but it was missing something. Anthony.

Long nights and long days. Only missing him more. Texting everyday.

Ant🖤
Bby

Bby💖
Sugar

Ant🖤
I miss you

Bby💖
I miss you more
How is school?

Ant🖤
Great
I need a break

Bby💖
Same

I cried every night. I missed him. I couldn't stand it. I thought I would be okay but it's been 4 months without seeing him. I feel like I'm going to die.

My heart can't take it anymore.

*

I was walking around campus. I walked to the library to study. A guy came and sat next to me.

"Hey" He said. He seemed shy.

"Hey" I smiled back

"I'm Troy, I uh I thought you looked pretty"

"Aww thanks but I have a boyfriend"

"Oh no worries" the disappointment in his eyes made me feel guilty.

"He is actually in Kentucky. He goes to college there. Gosh I miss him." I said sadly

"That must suck. I'm sorry"

"Thanks"

"Want to hang out sometime?" He asked.

"Totally" I smiled. He was a sweet kid. I needed a friend around here now that I'm missing Anthony.

*

He came over to my apartment. We played videos games all night. Laughing like kids. It felt like I was with Anthony again.

We ate pizza and realized it was 12 o'clock.

"Oh wow I got to get going" Troy said standing up.

"Thank you Troy" I said walking towards the door with him.

"No problem. Thank you for having me"

"See ya later" I hugged him and he left.

*

College felt like it went by faster and faster. I didn't see Anthony once. He texted me a few times a week. We were getting distant. This is what I was afraid of.

My heart hurts again. We never have time for each other. We lose feelings. And then bam. It's over. I loved him. I hoped he still felt the same way.

It's been two years of dreadful college. Neither of us have made an effort to see each other. I guess we have been pushing through not seeing each other for long we could bare through more.

I couldn't. I debated on whether I should surprise him.

I couldn't. I didn't have time. I didn't have money. I had the right amount to pay for my apartment and the right money to pay for food and car. Nothing more.

Troy and I were getting closer. As friends. I hope he didn't feel anything more than friends.

I was sitting on my couch in my small apartment, looking at my promise ring I wore every single day. Along with my locket. I took of the locket and opened it seeing the picture on his roof the first night we hung out. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I didn't want to lose him.

I could here his words. "I promise. No matter the distance. No matter the time. I will love you."

I hope he was right. I hope he still thinks about me and his promise. I closed the locket and threw it across the room. Luckily it didn't brake. But I was angry. It's been two years. I have made an effort to call and text and he has made none.

I grabbed my legs and cried into my knees. Cried. And cried. And cried. I never wanted to feel like this again.

Ever.

He promised.

I could feel his touch.

His breath.

His lips.

I felt broken.

Again.

He promised he would never make me feel this way again.

And here I am.

Running out of tears. Putting my heart out. Feeling like crap. Again. He probably is cheating on me. Probably with Nessa.

I cry.

More

And more.