Modern AU

Modern AU is the second AU I ever created for this show, with the first one not being in use anymore. That one was about a hybrid Lin Chung and his goal to bring peace between humans and animals with first squad, and his mother was a panther that turned herself human with the spirit cave and there were a lot of familial issues. That au took place in the show's time period, while this AU's main story begins in 2018.

Lin Chung is a hybrid, but to less of an extent then in my first AU and in my First Squad AU, which I'll explain in the next part to those who haven't read my fic. He hides it from everyone until near the end of the fight against Twin Masters, and everyone is like "I'm confused but that's cool". He also has an emotional arc when it comes to what's called the "Seahorse Incident", which is an event that led to Lin Chung feeling like a failure and having an emotional breakdown. He ran away, but Ray and the others found him and then Ray confesses to Lin Chung that he has feelings for him, which is something that builds up during the AU's story. Lin Chung accepts this confession and linray becomes a thing. Lin Chung also has a conflict with Kowloon bc Kowloon feels inferior/has emotional baggage that causes him to make bad decisions. Things work out in the end though, but it does result in Kowloon losing part of his face (which I'll explain when I get to his section) Lin Chung's father has been dead since Lin Chung was 10, and his mother is human while his father was a hybrid. In the future of this AU, with Sonia as the surrogate, Lin Chung and Ray have Lan Chung and Guang Chung, two fraternal hybrid twins. Lin Chung's personality doesn't change much besides him getting more emotional when it comes to certain things. Lin Chung's father is Chinese, while his mother is Chinese American/a whole lot of other races since her family has traveled around the world for generations. He knows English, Chinese, and Panther, including how to write in all of them! In the show's timeline, he goes from 19 to 22.

Mighty Ray is basically the same but he's Bighty Ray and is surprisingly able to talk about feelings when it comes to Lin Chung. Ray's dad and Lin Chung's dad we're friends through their profession, which is wrestling but not staged and in a large arena. Their kids rarely saw each other, but they did somewhat recognize each other when they stated working together years later. Ray was originally gonna be an only child, but thanks to some hcs by my friend Sith on Discord he now has at least 6 older brothers.
Ray's dad is Chinese American while his mother is Spanish American and grew up in New York. Ray knows Chinese, Spanish, English, and is learning how to write and speak in Panther. His future kids will end up learning these languages too! In the show's timeline, he goes from 22 to 25

Mystique Sonia doesn't change much, she gets her first Yaksha in her teens. Her father is who gave her the curse, and ever since it was discovered that he was living a double life with another family, him and Sonia are rather emotionally distant on Sonia's end. The father feels bad for what he did, but he knows that his wife and daughter aren't the type to forgive what he did, especially when he was lying to the other family that Sonia and his first wife didn't exist. Sonia and Ray have a more friendly hate-friendship, since they became friends when Sonia moved to the states at 9. Sonia is mostly Chinese, with some other races possibly mixed in there. She ends up with Mano, and after having Lan Chung and Guang Chung she has three children with him. In the show's timeline, she goes from 22-25.

Jumpy Ghostface doesn't change much, in the show's timeline he goes from 15 to 18.

Mr. No Hands doesn't change much, he's sorta a father figure to Lin Chung. He goes from 45 to 48.

Apetrully is still a monkey, and sometime after Lin Chung reveals what he is to the world he comes clean as well.

Mano is deaf, which is why he doesn't talk much. He prefers sign language or writing.

Kowloon is the same but more rude/irrational because of how his past screwed him up. He eventually gets professional help but it's a very bumpy road until then. He dates and ends up marrying Alpha Girl Latifah. They also have four kids together, an older brother and three triplet sisters. Kowloon's mother is dead, and his father keeps finding ways to break out of high security prisons.

Alpha Girl is part Oni, and she's the oldest of her many siblings. She's very good with kids because of that.

The rest of Second Squad are pretty much the same, with Goldeneye being a family man, and the Lee's brothers getting married but not having children.

Lady Green and Mr. No Hands end up married, and No Hands becomes the step-father to Lady Green's teenage daughter.

The next gen of this au is all about the kids of the squads adding new hero's to Big Green and fighting off the chaotic threats that still exist in their world. There's a cult who worships Twin Masters, the Mistress of Chaos who turns out to be Sonia's ancestor and Yang Tu's wife, and Prince of Chaos who's Yang Tu's descendant but not related to Sonia.

There's also other forms that the characters can take called Energized Forms and Catalyst Forms. If you want more explanation for the Energized Form then check out my insta at shinpai_shite_ookami, but I haven't explained Catalyst Forms yet!