Unexpected AU

Oh boy...

This one might be considered weird but please just bear with me!

This is like an AU of an AU, or an AU of my First Squad AU. In my First Squad AU, Lin Chung and Ray have their twins using Sonia as a surrogate. In THIS AU however, things are definitely different! This is all based on a dream I had, which explains the weirdness.

WARNING: contains mention of a male character becoming female so that they can have the children in a same sex relationship.

There's a mission that happens near a site that's considered a worshipping place for the goddess of Fertility, and she can tell that both Ray and Lin Chung want children. Ray hasn't told Lin Chung that yet though. So what does this Goddess do? Well, because of what Ray assumes is some sort of cosmic "punishment" for bad things he's done in the past, Ray just,,,wakes up one morning as a female. Cue panicked screaming.
((Btw, Ray's female voice is the same as Amethyst's from Steven Universe but slightly higher pitched))

No one really knows what's going on for a few weeks, until Ray suddenly starts feeling ill, but he also has a stronger appetite?? Lin Chung can also just sense something different about Ray thanks to his Panther side, but Ray doubts that it's what Lin Chung is thinking it is. Welp, turns out Lin Chung's weird suspicion that the place they were near two weeks ago caused not only Ray's transformation, but also pregnancy turns out correct. Cue more panicked screaming post pregnancy test.

Of course Ray wanted kids, but like this? This is the last way he would've wanted it to happen! This is when Ray admits that he wants kids, and there's this long emotional talk about what Lin Chung and Ray will do now. Ray decides that they'll have kids this way, despite how strange is, bc hey they wanted kids anyway so-
Lin Chung of course is really excited, but also promises that he'll make this experience as comfortable for Ray as possible, since the man (temporarily woman) is really gonna need it. Ray is excited and terrified, and also predicts that there may be more than one child, since multiples run in Lin Chung's family. However, the multiple thing isn't that common, so it isn't something that's guaranteed.

Now how would the others react? Surprisingly not as weirded out as you'd expect. Yes this is weird, but Hidden Kingdom has presented many weird things to them so they're just kinda used to it. Latifah by this point was pregnant herself/had a baby, so she knew that she'd be able to help Lin Chung and Ray however she could. Sonia would also be excited to help, and Ray would probably just not want her to make it weird. Lin Chung's family would be congratulating the guy, meanwhile Woo and Apetrully would probably be crying bc they're emotional parents who cry every time something great happens to their kids. It's also discovered that the children are Sonia and Lin Chung's, since Ray was thinking of asking Sonia if she could be a surrogate, and the goddess knew about that.

Ray wouldn't want to be treated too differently in this condition, and for the most part he isn't, well besides the whole pregnancy stuff that is. Woo and Apetrully don't want to embarrass their boy, but they can't help being the adorable future grandparents they are, at least Apetrully can't. Lin Chung's brothers pretty much treat him the same, meanwhile Qi doesn't wanna be awkward and say or do the wrong thing. Sonia and Latifah help their little bro out with this whole switching genders thing, which Ray greatly appreciates. (He doesn't say it too often to Sonia so that she doesn't get annoying about it)

Ray isn't overweight for someone his size, 5'0, but he is a little close to that. Fighting people has kept him from becoming overweight, but in the condition he ends up in, he can't exactly be fighting people. Lin Chung goes feral when anyone even thinks of trying to hurt Ray while he's like this, and while Ray can still use eyeball lightning, it's not like he gets many opportunities to be out on the battlefield, if at all. He does find a way to remain healthy, but he does gain weight that he ends up quickly losing once becoming a man again and recovering. He was already self-conscious about his weight before, but combine that with new hormones he doesn't understand and added weight, and you got a very emotional Ray.

This is when Lin Chung gets super reassuring and is best husband, helping his boo out with anything that pregnancy throws at them. Finding out they're having twins? Lin Chung helps to soothe Ray's fears about if Ray can be a good dad to two kids at once. Morning sickness? He'll stay by Ray's side for as long as he can. Weird ass requests in the middle of the night for a specific food that Ray would normally never touch in his life? Lin Chung is on that immediately. Ray worrying about what the world would say? Lin Chung tries to make sure that everything works out as well as it can.

Of course, pregnancy isn't just the bad things. Ray and Lin Chung held reveals for both announcing that they would have twins, and what their genders would be. They held them after learning the information bc Ray wanted to avoid being an emotional mess in front of his family and friends, that stuff can be kept in private between Lin Chung and Ray. Baby movement also reduced Ray to being really emotional when it happened for the first time, and it's something that Ray prefers to keep between him and Lin Chung for the most part. Like, if Ray is feeling good then he might let family and friends touch his stomach, but strangers doing it makes him feel extremely uncomfortable. Also, you can bet that there's ultrasound pictures on the walls of Lin Chung and Ray's room.

As mentioned previously, Lin Chung is the Panther King, so Ray is technically the other Panther King, and the twins are the future Panther Prince and Princess. So that means that the Panthers help out Ray in any way they can too. Lin Chung and Ray's house is outside of Panther Castle on a cliff facing the sea, but it's nearby enough that Panther royalty can get there easily and check on their kings.

Then we get to the "fun" part, hospital. That's the code word that was used to let someone know "the babies are coming and we need to leave immediately". All of First Squad except for their parents stayed at a big guest house that was near a hospital, but why? Probably for security reasons. So when it was time to leave, Lin Chung set the big plan into action and everyone got their things and left as soon as possible. As parents were being alerted, the ship they were using to get to the hospital was attacked. Thankfully the threat was fought off, and at the hospital it was an ordeal. A c-section was eventually performed, and the months of waiting were finally over. Needless to say, Ray and Lin Chung cried. A lot. Eventually everyone got to meet the babies, and even Jian, Alpha Girl and Kowloon's one year old son, got to meet his new cousins. A few days after the birth, Ray is changed into a man again.

So yeah, I know that if casual fans of Hero: 108 find this they're probably gonna think it's cringy, but please don't say that bc I'll just block you or w/e. Even if this idea is weird, it means a lot to me as I LOVE the comedic and fluffy material that this AU provides. Fluffy pregnancy things make my heart go 💕💞💓💗💖💘

Besides, in my dream for the first part of it Ray was mpreg, so if you don't like that then at least you're safe from it here.