Episode 28

Episode 28:

"We're dating now."

My parents almost spit the food out of their mouths. Ako man ay halos mabulunan nang walang paalam na sinabi niya 'yon. First Cheddy, and now my parents? For hamburger's sake, give me a damn break with all the shock! I glared at her but she won't meet my gaze. Fuck it.

Sabay na napatingin sina Mama at Papa sa akin, para bang tinubuan ako ng dalawang ulo sa paraan ng titig nila. After a few seconds ay nakabawi rin sila sa narinig. They both looked so composed, although I can see very well that it's Papa who wanted to ask. Nilingon ko naman si Rosendale who, as usual, looked so stupidly relaxed like she didn't care even a bit. Masarap pa rin siyang saktan.

How can she do that? Being so calm that she's looking like some apathetic woman. Napapaisip pa rin ako kung anong mga natakbo sa utak niya sa mga ganitong situation na bigla na lang siyang magsasabi ng ikabibigla ng pagkatao ko.

"Since when you two started─"

"A few days ago." Rosendale cut off my father's question. It was quite rude, but Papa didn't mind. She stared at me, then averted her gaze to my parents. She drank a little bit of water. "I hope you don't mind."

"I'm actually speechless." Mama told her. Napailing ito at natawa ng mahina. "I once said na wala akong opinyon regarding sa same sex relationship but knowing my daughter dating a girl like her honestly caught me off guard."

"But I already told you my feelings for her."

"We know, still, this is quite new for us." Papa said. He gave us a warm smile that I found myself frowning my forehead. "Although we kind of expected that this will eventually happen, only if you managed to bend my daughter. Which already did happen."

Usually, parents won't take it that way. They're weird. Ever since I was a kid, they've been like that. So laid back, composed, and accepting. They treat stuffs like some sort of equation to solve and there's no need to get mad at it. The only thing they strictly wanted me to do was to avoid profanity. Na hindi ko naman sinusunod.

I remembered my highschool years where they were brought at the guidance because I punched a girl. It's not like I started it, I was provoked. Looked like the girl wanted some trouble and I gave it after being mad.

I pounded over my choices and consequences first. Being brought to the guidance wasn't a big deal and the girl's stupid and pebble minded. I guess that will be okay, I can defend myself. I can share with the fault.

My parents that time were so calm while the girl's mother was so mad that she was shouting already at us. Who will like her kid to get her nose bled anyway? But Mama and Papa we're different, they just apologize. When we got home, they talked to me and said that defending myself was good but I have to make sure na wala akong maiistorbo na tao. I was still a kid and I have to be disciplined, they said. That's my first and last trouble anyway.

They called it growing up.

"Don't take it in a negative way. Hanggang ngayon, hindi ko pa rin alam ang sasabihin. I want to tell that you two are still young but knowing you, Echo," He looked at me. "You're my daughter. You're not the type who'll get impulsive decision so I'm thinking that maybe you already gave it a deep thought."

Kung alam mo lang, Papa, nabigla lang din ako sa pagsagot. I wanted to tell him that but I don't want to disappoint him if ever. Like, who normal person will cut their wrist then will say yes? Ang tanga ko ng araw na 'yon. But it's not like I didn't like our set up right now. I think it's okay, but I won't tell that to anyone. This was Eros' fault, epal sa buhay.

"Relationship is easy to build but hard to maintain, you both know that, right?" Mama asked. I nodded, Rosendale looked pleased I guess. She was giving me a light aura. "I won't tell that your relationship isn't normal, you two are probably experiencing the same just like heterosexual couple. So, just like a normal mother, I will say no coitus until you finished college, or better yet, until you get married."