II - "Mama" Pt. 2

Y u n a

Sweat started to trickle down her forehead and hear palms began to feel clammy as she worried. She was terrified of the possibilities she didn't want to imagine.

Her mind began to race as she tried her best to stay calm. 'What if she was kidnapped? What if some stranger decided to take advantage of her and sell her?'

The sweat down her forehead began to feel heavier. She didn't have time to worry right now. She needed to find her and it had only been a few seconds, she couldn't have gone far.

Opening her phone, she decided to cancel her plans with her friends and began searching. She looked around and asked a few dozen people she passed by and would find herself coming back to the same place to see if she was still there.

After hours of searching her chest began to tighten. She was starting to lose hope but her fear and guilt began to consume her. Her thoughts had started to race as she panicked.

She needed to pull herself together. It was already getting dark and she was heading off for the police station. Maybe her parents had already found her.

Unfortunately the police station was closed so she had to take a train to get to the other one.

If her parents haven't found her yet she might have to ask the police for help even though it might be a little suspicious since she has no relation with the girl. However, she didn't have time to worry about whether she seemed suspicious or not because the only thing that mattered to her right now is the girl's safety.

The minutes it took to get there as she waited on the train felt like years. She was scared even though she reminded herself a thousand times that she didn't have the time to be scared right now. If she was scared imagine how the girl must be feeling right now.

She had to focus. 'Where could she have gone?' She thought to herself as she bit her nails in frustration.

Cooling down, she walked towards the first person she saw and asked them if they knew where the police station was. The person showed her the directions, and as nervous as she was, she tried her best to think positively.

Bringing herself back to the things that were happening before her, she managed to find her way to the police station which was fortunately open.

She walked inside and to her surprise, she saw the girl in Eli Jang's arms. She was a bit surprised by Eli's presence but was happy the girl was safe. The sweat on her forehead began to recede and the rope around her chest began to loosen.

"P-papa!" As those words left the girl's lips, her brows began to furrow in confusion. She had assumed that Eli was her older brother, but father?

"H-hey!! did you hear that?! She said it!! It's her first time calling me that!!" So many things had happened today but processing this much information was hard for her to handle considering the fact that she was exhausted and looked like a mess.

Even though she was a bit taken back, it was non of her business anyway. The girl was safe and that's all that mattered to her. She smiled as she stared at her for one last time.

Just as she was about to look away and take her leave, her, the girl and Eli locked eyes all at once. Eli looked surprised to see her and the girl smiled while flailing her arms at her.

"Mama!!"